Cheap AGP Card That Can Be Overclocked!? For Battlefield2!

P-Trix

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
Hiya.

I've been building a seperate OC'd system to use for gaming!

I want to know if there is a cheap AGP graphics card that is good for overclocking?! I will be mainly playing Battlefield 2 !

Thanks

P-Trix

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
well the GF 6600GT plays it on high except textures ( from experience) has gdd3 soo it should be pretty good...

I will have to check this card out then!

Only 128Mb Ram though!?

Can the card be overclocked?!

trinitron64

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
With my rig I play BF with 1600x1200 with almost every maxxed out.

BUT BE WARNED!!!!

When I play BF2 I have to pull back ram to a FSB of 215 instead of 230 because PunkBuster kicks me. It checks your ram and if for whatever reason it doesn't think something is right it sees it as a cheat.

I have also heard other stories of OC problems in BF2 with PunkBuster.

So you have been warned.

Boggerslosh

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
With my rig I play BF with 1600x1200 with almost every maxxed out.

BUT BE WARNED!!!!

When I play BF2 I have to pull back ram to a FSB of 215 instead of 230 because PunkBuster kicks me. It checks your ram and if for whatever reason it doesn't think something is right it sees it as a cheat.

I have also heard other stories of OC problems in BF2 with PunkBuster.

So you have been warned.

Interesting fact... I just pulled 2x512 value select sticks from my machine cause they were holding back my RAM clock. Left the 2x512 XMS sticks in and am now running at 178MHz. Before all four sticks were at 133. RAM wasn't even overclocked anyway!!!

Also, I didn't just get kicked I got my CD key banned. I did nothing wrong and am trying to resolve the issue with Punkbuster. They said they detected that my CD key was in a clear violation of their EULA. I asked them to check the MAC address that the cheat was detected on and compare it to mine and haven't heard back from them since. Said they couldn't disclose that information. I wasn't asking to know anything just for them to check. Really frustrating!! :x

Meanwhile I am not buying another copy in protest of their draconian approach to the matter. I get punished for someone else's screwup? They've lost a customer.