Testing RPC connectivity

I would like to test RPC connectivity. If I tried RPC ping every test when i
use tcp, connect without problem in both direction. But I with the programs
that heavily relay on RPC do not connect, and i get error RPC is unaveable.
The problem with RPC is getting worse.
I `m getting problems with replication with domains, and I use dcdiag and I
get the following errors:
Starting test: KnowsOfRoleHolders
Role Schema Owner = CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ROOTDC,CN=Servers,CN=Remote-site,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
[ROOTDC] DsBind() failed with error 1722,
Win32 Error 1722.
Warning: ROOTDC is the Schema Owner, but is not responding to DS
RPC Bind.
[ROOTDC] LDAP connection failed with error 58,
Win32 Error 58.
Warning: ROOTDC is the Schema Owner, but is not responding to LDAP
Bind.
Role Domain Owner = CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ROOTDC,CN=Servers,CN=Remote-site,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
Warning: ROOTDC is the Domain Owner, but is not responding to DS
RPC Bind.
Warning: ROOTDC is the Domain Owner, but is not responding to LDAP
Bind.
Role PDC Owner = CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=PRS04,CN=Servers,CN=Root-domain-Remote-DomainSite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
Role Rid Owner = CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=REMOTEDOMAINDC,CN=Servers,CN=Root-domain-Remote-DomainSite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
Role Infrastructure Update Owner = CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=REMOTEDOMAINDC,CN=Servers,CN=Root-domain-Remote-DomainSite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
......................... REMOTEDOMAINDC failed test
KnowsOfRoleHolders

And I thing these is connected with problem, that these Remote DC can not
find GC in same site.

You really should CROSSPOST a single message instead
of multi-posting copies of the same message to different
boards.

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE

"Mr.B" wrote:
> I would like to test RPC connectivity. If I tried RPC ping
> every test when i
> use tcp, connect without problem in both direction. But I with
> the programs
> that heavily relay on RPC do not connect, and i get error RPC
> is unaveable.
> The problem with RPC is getting worse.
> I `m getting problems with replication with domains, and I
> use dcdiag and I
> get the following errors:
> __________
> Starting test: KnowsOfRoleHolders
> Role Schema Owner = CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=ROOTDC,CN=Servers,CN=Remote-site,CN=Sites,CN=Confi
> guration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
> [ROOTDC] DsBind() failed with error 1722,
> Win32 Error 1722.
> Warning: ROOTDC is the Schema Owner, but is not
> responding to DS
> RPC Bind.
> [ROOTDC] LDAP connection failed with error 58,
> Win32 Error 58.
> Warning: ROOTDC is the Schema Owner, but is not
> responding to LDAP
> Bind.
> Role Domain Owner = CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=ROOTDC,CN=Servers,CN=Remote-site,CN=Sites,CN=Confi
> guration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
> Warning: ROOTDC is the Domain Owner, but is not
> responding to DS
> RPC Bind.
> Warning: ROOTDC is the Domain Owner, but is not
> responding to LDAP
> Bind.
> Role PDC Owner = CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=PRS04,CN=Servers,CN=Root-domain-Remote-DomainSite,
> CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
> Role Rid Owner = CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=REMOTEDOMAINDC,CN=Servers,CN=Root-domain-Remote-Do
> mainSite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
> Role Infrastructure Update Owner = CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=REMOTEDOMAINDC,CN=Servers,CN=Root-domain-Remote-Do
> mainSite,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Root-domain,DC=local
> ......................... REMOTEDOMAINDC failed test
> KnowsOfRoleHolders
> __________
>
> And I thing these is connected with problem, that these Remote
> DC can not
> find GC in same site.

Hi,

can you tell us what the event viewer of the schema master is logging.
any errors? which event ids?

cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/DNS-Testing-RPC-connectivity-ftopict550345.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1742994

Doing initial required tests

Testing server: Site-root\ROOTDC
Starting test: Connectivity
c25202c5-0cc0-4359-8128-67bc0ec35cdf._msdcs.domain.local's server
GUID DNS name could not be resolved to an
IP address. Check the DNS server, DHCP, server name, etc
Although the Guid DNS name
(c25202c5-0cc0-4359-8128-67bc0ec35cdf._msdcs.domain.local) couldn't
be
resolved, the server name (ROOTDC.domain.local) resolved to the IP
address (192.168.10.1) and was pingable. Check that the IP address
is
registered correctly with the DNS server.
......................... ROOTDC failed test Connectivity

I look how to CROSSPOST .