DNS Local Domain Pointing to multiple addresses

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 28, 2005 1:28:42 AM

I currently have DNS installed and running on a Windows 2000 box. I
have the host domain forwarding to the correct ip address of our home
page. The local users ARE able to see our homepage ie www.abc.com.
The problem is we have a link on our homepage that points to a secure
server ie https://application.abc.com with a different ip address than
what our homepage exists on. The local users are not able to access
this site. Does anyone know the best way to point to this address as
well. Thanks in advance.

--
importrciPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
Anonymous

In news:YJudnW7kVpK1_l3fRVn_vg@giganews.com,
importrci <importrci.1raxfz@> stated, and I replied below:
> I currently have DNS installed and running on a Windows 2000 box. I
> have the host domain forwarding to the correct ip address of our home
> page. The local users ARE able to see our homepage ie www.abc.com.
> The problem is we have a link on our homepage that points to a secure
> server ie https://application.abc.com with a different ip address than
> what our homepage exists on. The local users are not able to access
> this site. Does anyone know the best way to point to this address as
> well. Thanks in advance.

If you already have abc.com created, with a www record below it, why not
just create an 'application' A record, and give it that specific IP?

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

=================================
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:52:54 PM

Hi,

You only mentioned your local users (that means internal users) are able to
access www.abc.com but not app.abc.com. You didn't mention anything else
such as if your app server is a public or private server. You need to give
much more info before others can help.

br,
Denis

!