DHCP and DNS suffix search order

Hi

Is there an easy way to assign multiple dns suffixes for DHCP clients to
search through??

In news:eZjcQiwfFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
news.microsoft.com <r@r.abc> posted this:
> Hi
>
> Is there an easy way to assign multiple dns suffixes for DHCP clients
> to search through??

Not with DHCP, if you are using Active Directory with XP clients you can use
a GPO to assign DNS search suffixes to the XP clients.
Computer Configuration
-Administrative Templates
-Network
-DNS Client
-DNS Suffix search list

--?
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
===================================
===================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
===================================
It will strip signature out and more
===================================
with OEBackup:
===================================

"" wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there an easy way to assign multiple dns suffixes for DHCP
> clients to
> search through??

Use a GPO.

Look at: Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - network -
DNS Client - DNS Suffix Search List

Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/DNS-DHCP-suffix-search-order-ftopict552477.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751649