Tired of waiting, where should i order my e6600 from?

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Hi,

Like the rest of you I'm sick of waiting for a good price for an in stock 6600.

I want this damn thing...I have most the parts for my computer and this is the only thing holding me back from ordering my motherboard.

Who am i gonna get the best price/time ratio from? I know I have to get something on backorder from someone but I just need to make an order soon so I can get this lingering feeling off my back and relax and let it ship out.

I was hoping to not pay more than like 320 for a retail box but i think thats gone to sh*t.

Thanks in advance

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
i live in detroit, not really sure who would have it...i dont think i'm gonna hae any luck with compusa....yea newegg is gouging...i was saddened by that :(

I was hoping to not pay more than like 320 for a retail box but i think thats gone to sh*t.

Intel currently sells the E6600 to system builders and retailers for $316 in lots of 1000. Therefore, I don't think you'll see the E6600 for $320 for some time to come.

New egg is still gouging....

I would look around and find a reputable site, or if you live in or near a metro area, check locally.

While Newegg is currently listing the E6600 for $369, it isn't the highest price I've seen. ZipZoomFly currently lists the E6600 for $359. Both sites are out of stock.

Demand is still higher than supply. Therefore, it's not surprising that prices are higher than the expected $339 price tag.