Real Time Chat for Win2000/3 anywhere???

Hi Group

Does anyone knwo of any decent win2000/3 IRC channels/rooms , I love
these groups but realtime chat is better for immediate
solutions/advice

I have checked on the usual IRC networks like efnet,dal.net,undernet
but the only rooms I have found are lto put it politley...no hang I
wont ...they are full of fools

In a Win2K room I got told Win2K admin was not cool and got
kicked.....lol these genius script kiddies, I couldnt be bother to fire
up a BNC and reconnect to explain their stupidity to them so...

Anyway if anyone knows of one,some please let me know cus I cannot find
any with the class of people that frequent this group. I hesitate to
call these members of the chatroom people let alone assign them a
class..lol....hand bags at dawn!!!

Best Regards

Simon

--
pscyimePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

In news:1-ydnRYwnZ-dyVTfRVn_vg@giganews.com,
pscyime <pscyime.1rnicy@> typed:
> Hi Group
>
> Does anyone knwo of any decent win2000/3 IRC channels/rooms , I love
> these groups but realtime chat is better for immediate
> solutions/advice
>
> I have checked on the usual IRC networks like efnet,dal.net,undernet
> but the only rooms I have found are lto put it politley...no hang I
> wont ...they are full of fools
>
> In a Win2K room I got told Win2K admin was not cool and got
> kicked.....lol these genius script kiddies, I couldnt be bother to
> fire up a BNC and reconnect to explain their stupidity to them so...
>
> Anyway if anyone knows of one,some please let me know cus I cannot
> find any with the class of people that frequent this group. I
> hesitate to call these members of the chatroom people let alone
> assign them a class..lol....hand bags at dawn!!!
>
> Best Regards
>
> Simon

Couldn't tell you - but I my personal opinion is that *most* people who hang
out in chat rooms in general are bored teenagers and those who can't handle
the three dimensional world, and I'm not sure I'd want to follow any advice
found therein.

Stick with the newsgroups, google, and cultivate intelligent friends you can
add to your IM buddy list.

In news:1-ydnRYwnZ-dyVTfRVn_vg@giganews.com,
pscyime <pscyime.1rnicy@> stated, which I then commented below:
<snip>

> I hesitate to call these members of the chatroom people let alone
> assign them a class..lol....hand bags at dawn!!!

"Classless" comes to mind...

:)

Ace

In news:uZaKg4egFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Ace Fekay [MVP] <PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@hotmail.com>
typed:
> In news:1-ydnRYwnZ-dyVTfRVn_vg@giganews.com,
> pscyime <pscyime.1rnicy@> stated, which I then commented below:
> <snip>
>
>> I hesitate to call these members of the chatroom people let alone
>> assign them a class..lol....hand bags at dawn!!!
>
> "Classless" comes to mind...

Oh, you're just being part of the Snarky Liberal Elite. :)

> :)
>
> Ace

In news:%234lfbvkgFHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> stated, which I
then commented below:
>>> I hesitate to call these members of the chatroom people let alone
>>> assign them a class..lol....hand bags at dawn!!!
>>
>> "Classless" comes to mind...
>
> Oh, you're just being part of the Snarky Liberal Elite. :)

Not necessarily snarky, but maybe a conformist liberal elite!

Ace

Hi

OMG what have i started

off topic..... Ace you know of anything that shows you common locatins
for objects in AD when using ADSIedit, recently had a prob with a rogue
DHCP and ADSIedit was the only way to remove it, it took ages to locate
it with AD namespace

Regards

pscyimePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

In news:27WdnVWLj4NV2lHfRVn_vg@giganews.com,
pscyime <pscyime.1rrnj3@> stated, which I then commented on below:
> off topic..... Ace you know of anything that shows you common locatins
> for objects in AD when using ADSIedit, recently had a prob with a
> rogue DHCP and ADSIedit was the only way to remove it, it took ages
> to locate it with AD namespace

Like a map? No, not really. After using is for 5 years or so, you kind of
get a feeling where things are. Ask yourself if the object will be a domain
based object or something that will be globally available forest wide.

This article shows a little about it but it applies to Win2000. Win2003 you
need to add the contexts manually.

Introducing the ADSI Edit Utility:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/8901/8901.html

ADSI EDIT:
http://www.w2kcfg.net/adsi_edit.htm

I guess you can use LDP or a VB script, such as search.vbs (Win2003, but may
work on Win2000) to search for the attribute or object, then use ADSI Edit
to edit it.

Ace