Moved to a new domain host but old DNS can't be cleared

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

I moved to a new domain host but for some reason its still going to
the old host DNS settings. Everyone else can see my new site but my
computer sees the old site.

I have WinXP Pro with service pack 2 installed on a Pentium IV 3.2Ghz
PC.

I have cleared the DNS settings, cleared the caches, cleared all
cookies. When I ping my domain its still coming up with the old DNS
numbers so I can't get any emails or access my new site. I have
restarted the PC but to no avail.

My domain host tells me the Bigpond ISP cache server may need cleaning
out but others on the same ISP can access the new site without
problems.

Do I have to format my PC or is there a simple fix for this please?

In news:42cc237f.8488140@news-server.bigpond.net.au,
Colin <Colin@nospam.com> stated, which I then commented below:
> I moved to a new domain host but for some reason its still going to
> the old host DNS settings. Everyone else can see my new site but my
> computer sees the old site.
>
> I have WinXP Pro with service pack 2 installed on a Pentium IV 3.2Ghz
> PC.
>
> I have cleared the DNS settings, cleared the caches, cleared all
> cookies. When I ping my domain its still coming up with the old DNS
> numbers so I can't get any emails or access my new site. I have
> restarted the PC but to no avail.
>
> My domain host tells me the Bigpond ISP cache server may need cleaning
> out but others on the same ISP can access the new site without
> problems.
>
> Do I have to format my PC or is there a simple fix for this please?

Reformatting your PC will not solve this.

What is the domain name? How long ago did you change the pointers to the new
service hostiing your domain name with your registrar? There's usually a
24-72 hour wait for propagation to occur.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

=================================

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:58:36 -0400, "Ace Fekay [MVP]"
<PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In news:42cc237f.8488140@news-server.bigpond.net.au,
>Colin <Colin@nospam.com> stated, which I then commented below:
>> I moved to a new domain host but for some reason its still going to
>> the old host DNS settings. Everyone else can see my new site but my
>> computer sees the old site.
>>
>> I have WinXP Pro with service pack 2 installed on a Pentium IV 3.2Ghz
>> PC.
>>
>> I have cleared the DNS settings, cleared the caches, cleared all
>> cookies. When I ping my domain its still coming up with the old DNS
>> numbers so I can't get any emails or access my new site. I have
>> restarted the PC but to no avail.
>>
>> My domain host tells me the Bigpond ISP cache server may need cleaning
>> out but others on the same ISP can access the new site without
>> problems.
>>
>> Do I have to format my PC or is there a simple fix for this please?
>
>Reformatting your PC will not solve this.
>
>What is the domain name? How long ago did you change the pointers to the new
>service hostiing your domain name with your registrar? There's usually a
>24-72 hour wait for propagation to occur.

Thanks for the reply.

I moved my domain 6 days ago.

ping salesmart.com.au
81.21.65.8

That sends me to my old domain on my PC.
Others get different set of DNS numbers that should come up.

My email has not worked for the past 6 days on the salesmart.com.au
domain. I have to use my bigpond email address to send or receive
emails. I can upload pages using ftp to the domain but can't detect
new pages that I have uploaded.

Everyone else can detect the new pages on my site.

I have cleared out the DNS by going into the control panel, admin
tools, services, right clicked on DNS Client to clear out the DNS and
have restarted the PC. Even cleared out the caches in IE6 and also
tried another browser.

I am at a loss on what to do next.

What DNS numbers do you get when you ping the domain please?
c:\> ping salesmart.com.au

I'm on a second computer with the same problems.
This computer has WinXP Pro with service pack 1 and my main pc has
service pack 2 for WinXP Pro.

Any ideas please.

In news:42cc2fd8.1022203@news-server,
Colin <Colin@nospam.com> stated, which I then commented below:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I moved my domain 6 days ago.
>
> ping salesmart.com.au
> 81.21.65.8
>
> That sends me to my old domain on my PC.
> Others get different set of DNS numbers that should come up.
>
> My email has not worked for the past 6 days on the salesmart.com.au
> domain. I have to use my bigpond email address to send or receive
> emails. I can upload pages using ftp to the domain but can't detect
> new pages that I have uploaded.
>
> Everyone else can detect the new pages on my site.
>
> I have cleared out the DNS by going into the control panel, admin
> tools, services, right clicked on DNS Client to clear out the DNS and
> have restarted the PC. Even cleared out the caches in IE6 and also
> tried another browser.
>
> I am at a loss on what to do next.
>
> What DNS numbers do you get when you ping the domain please?
> c:\> ping salesmart.com.au
>
> I'm on a second computer with the same problems.
> This computer has WinXP Pro with service pack 1 and my main pc has
> service pack 2 for WinXP Pro.
>
> Any ideas please.

I get:
Pinging salesmart.com.au [202.60.66.56]
etc

What DNS server is your XP machine pointing to in it's properties?

Ace