Bizzare X1900XT Temp & Artifacting

bumblebee13

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Roughly i have a simple temp problem, when running 3DMark06 during the canyon test where the giant dragon leaps over you i began to get artifacting i think, weird buggy things on the screen, immediatly quit the test and entered the catalyst control centre to see my card temp at 72c (there was about a 20sec delay), is this hot enough to get this sort of artifacting? and if so how do i stop it? or cool it down etc? (btw it idles around 49/50c)

Ok i've been monotering it by quickly minimising CS and checking temps and it seems it gets up to 88c! Which seems very hot though apparantly under full load these cards are meant to run from 80-95c

Thanks a lot for any help :D

bumblebee13

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Ah crap - i've been an appaling idiot, i just read a guide on Guru3D which made me realise i was misreading stuff :lol:

The reading are telling me the 'current' speed running of the card though if you look at the requested ones they're 621 (should be 625MHz for the core) but that's close enough and 720MHz for the memory, should again be a bit higher, 725MHz but it's not far off :D

I've further read the guide and it seems i'd been reading the 2D running speeds, oops... unfortunatly my temp question still stands

bumblebee13

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Sounds very nice, can i get this from the ATI website? Also would it help if i moved my Creative XtremeMusic away from the Graphics card as atm it's in the slot right next to the fan on my GFX card