windows setting up 2nd server for students help

Ok here is what i tried but failed i removed active Directory and dns from
the new student server i tried to creat a whole new domain but was told to
make it a child of the staff domain for easy managment. restarted and ran
active Directory told it to be a
child of a existing tree "my staff server" filled out the user name password
entered the domain i wanted it to be a child of and it waits a few minuets
entered the domain info and the new child name and a few steps later it gives
me this error

The operation failed because: Active Directory could not replicate the
directory partition
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=server1,DC=k12,DC=mn,DC=us from the remote
domain controller server1.timmy.k12.mn.us. "Access is denied."
not sure why i have the admin login and pass?

what i want to happen is

i have a staff server setup with dns and active Directory every thing works
great profiles are fast :) i want to add a 2nd server for the studnets and
keep them away from the staff server i think by doing the child domain im on
the right track but not sure help help help :)

thanks in advance

"" wrote:
> Ok here is what i tried but failed i removed active Directory
> and dns from
> the new student server i tried to creat a whole new domain but
> was told to
> make it a child of the staff domain for easy managment.
> restarted and ran
> active Directory told it to be a
> child of a existing tree "my staff server" filled out the user
> name password
> entered the domain i wanted it to be a child of and it waits a
> few minuets
> entered the domain info and the new child name and a few steps
> later it gives
> me this error
>
> The operation failed because: Active Directory could not
> replicate the
> directory partition
> CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=server1,DC=k12,DC=mn,DC=us from
> the remote
> domain controller server1.timmy.k12.mn.us. "Access is
> denied."
> not sure why i have the admin login and pass?
>

> what i want to happen is
>
> i have a staff server setup with dns and active Directory
> every thing works
> great profiles are fast :) i want to add a 2nd server for the
> studnets and
> keep them away from the staff server i think by doing the
> child domain im on
> the right track but not sure help help help :)
>
> thanks in advance

you need enterprise admin permissions to install a DC for a NEW CHILD
DOMAIN

To really isolate the first domain from the students don’t create a
child domain but create a new domain in a new forest

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/DNS-windows-setting-2nd-server-students-help-ftopict397625.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1312926

I joined the domain and it worked great one more thing

ive noticed after i setup the student server i made a group policy and added
users and it all seems good thanks about 40 sec's to login to a pc for the
first time then after that its quick but i setup a wallpaper to be pushed
thought the policy and every now and then it load on the screen about a
quater of the way and the rest is black and then if i hit the refresh it
loads the whole way in way for me to fix that ? its a jpg wall paper so i had
to turn on active directory though the policy too so i could use jpgs ..