env and postcard printer?

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

hi

I need a printer that can load 2 trays containing

a)envelops
b)some 4x6 postcard sized paper

both at the same time, using my software to select trays

anyone know of such a printer?? i've searched several at a few stores
didn't find any most i saw the 2nd tray wouldn't go that small


if not i guess i'll have to just get 2 printers, whats the best printer
for envelops??

i'd like to put a bunch in not like 5 or 10
3 answers Last reply
More about postcard printer
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    ml <m@di.net> wrote:
    >hi
    >
    >I need a printer that can load 2 trays containing
    >
    >a)envelops
    >b)some 4x6 postcard sized paper
    >
    >both at the same time, using my software to select trays
    >
    >anyone know of such a printer?? i've searched several at a few stores
    >didn't find any most i saw the 2nd tray wouldn't go that small
    >
    >
    >if not i guess i'll have to just get 2 printers, whats the best printer
    >for envelops??
    >
    >i'd like to put a bunch in not like 5 or 10

    The Canon Pixma range offers this.
    This is the paper size specification for the ip4200 (due for release in August):
    Letter, legal, Credit Card(2.13" x3.39"), 4" x 6", 5" x 7", U.S. #10 envelopes,
    each of the two trays can take all sizes and I guess about 50 sheets of 80gsm
    paper (not absolutely sure how many) less than that for card and envelopes. The
    range is quite large from cheap and limited to expensive and high end
    functionality.
    Try www.canon.com
    I have no doubt that there are many competitive products that offer the same or
    similar assuming your usage only justifies an inkjet. If you are going to do a
    lot of printing in black only then a dual tray laser may be justified, many of
    them fit your requirements but dual tray lasers are expensive (cheaper lasers
    usually have one cassette tray and a multipurpose tray and multipurpose trays
    usually have limited capacity) but cost of ownership is lower than inkjets and
    reliability is generally higher. Horses for courses.
    Tony
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    greatful for the reply i'll check out that new caonnon

    however i disagree on one thing

    most of the printers , including lasers i saw w/2 trays or more as i
    mentioned, only allow the smaller sizes on tray 1 while the 2nd trays
    don't go to env or even 4x6 in fact they all were not much more
    resizable past 6x8

    and had envelope w/a line on it symbol saying no fancy stuff

    i remembered a older hp laser jet that had a specific envelope feeder
    but for some reason i can find it for any of the current models on the
    hp web site but yes your correct i bet it's all $$$

    can't wait to see the cannon

    thanks again for helping
    In article <part1of1.1.1WkcaGxx1dOwGA@ue.ph>, Tony <> wrote:

    > ml <m@di.net> wrote:
    > >hi
    > >
    > >I need a printer that can load 2 trays containing
    > >
    > >a)envelops
    > >b)some 4x6 postcard sized paper
    > >
    > >both at the same time, using my software to select trays
    > >
    > >anyone know of such a printer?? i've searched several at a few stores
    > >didn't find any most i saw the 2nd tray wouldn't go that small
    > >
    > >
    > >if not i guess i'll have to just get 2 printers, whats the best printer
    > >for envelops??
    > >
    > >i'd like to put a bunch in not like 5 or 10
    >
    > The Canon Pixma range offers this.
    > This is the paper size specification for the ip4200 (due for release in
    > August):
    > Letter, legal, Credit Card(2.13" x3.39"), 4" x 6", 5" x 7", U.S. #10
    > envelopes,
    > each of the two trays can take all sizes and I guess about 50 sheets of 80gsm
    > paper (not absolutely sure how many) less than that for card and envelopes.
    > The
    > range is quite large from cheap and limited to expensive and high end
    > functionality.
    > Try www.canon.com
    > I have no doubt that there are many competitive products that offer the same
    > or
    > similar assuming your usage only justifies an inkjet. If you are going to do
    > a
    > lot of printing in black only then a dual tray laser may be justified, many
    > of
    > them fit your requirements but dual tray lasers are expensive (cheaper lasers
    > usually have one cassette tray and a multipurpose tray and multipurpose trays
    > usually have limited capacity) but cost of ownership is lower than inkjets
    > and
    > reliability is generally higher. Horses for courses.
    > Tony
  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Hi
    I found the following
    http://www.lexmark.com/US/products/printer_friendly/0,1225,MzM4NXwx,00.html -
    problem is it only takes 10 envelopes.
    or
    http://www.lexmark.com/uncomplicate/product/home/18/0,7044,204812589_487295759_215260498_en_0_6,00.html
    - takes 85 envelopes, does not specify 6x4 but i suspect that it will work with
    6x4 depending how it is set up. You could call your nearest Lexmark dealer and
    ask them.
    Lexmark make pretty bad inkjet printers but I have several customers with
    Lexmark lasers and they are more than happy with them.
    Tony

    ml <m@di.net> wrote:
    >greatful for the reply i'll check out that new caonnon
    >
    >however i disagree on one thing
    >
    >most of the printers , including lasers i saw w/2 trays or more as i
    >mentioned, only allow the smaller sizes on tray 1 while the 2nd trays
    >don't go to env or even 4x6 in fact they all were not much more
    >resizable past 6x8
    >
    >and had envelope w/a line on it symbol saying no fancy stuff
    >
    >i remembered a older hp laser jet that had a specific envelope feeder
    >but for some reason i can find it for any of the current models on the
    >hp web site but yes your correct i bet it's all $$$
    >
    >can't wait to see the cannon
    >
    >thanks again for helping
    >In article <part1of1.1.1WkcaGxx1dOwGA@ue.ph>, Tony <> wrote:
    >
    >> ml <m@di.net> wrote:
    >> >hi
    >> >
    >> >I need a printer that can load 2 trays containing
    >> >
    >> >a)envelops
    >> >b)some 4x6 postcard sized paper
    >> >
    >> >both at the same time, using my software to select trays
    >> >
    >> >anyone know of such a printer?? i've searched several at a few stores
    >> >didn't find any most i saw the 2nd tray wouldn't go that small
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >if not i guess i'll have to just get 2 printers, whats the best printer
    >> >for envelops??
    >> >
    >> >i'd like to put a bunch in not like 5 or 10
    >>
    >> The Canon Pixma range offers this.
    >> This is the paper size specification for the ip4200 (due for release in
    >> August):
    >> Letter, legal, Credit Card(2.13" x3.39"), 4" x 6", 5" x 7", U.S. #10
    >> envelopes,
    >> each of the two trays can take all sizes and I guess about 50 sheets of
    >>80gsm
    >> paper (not absolutely sure how many) less than that for card and envelopes.
    >> The
    >> range is quite large from cheap and limited to expensive and high end
    >> functionality.
    >> Try www.canon.com
    >> I have no doubt that there are many competitive products that offer the same
    >> or
    >> similar assuming your usage only justifies an inkjet. If you are going to do
    >> a
    >> lot of printing in black only then a dual tray laser may be justified, many
    >> of
    >> them fit your requirements but dual tray lasers are expensive (cheaper
    >>lasers
    >> usually have one cassette tray and a multipurpose tray and multipurpose
    >>trays
    >> usually have limited capacity) but cost of ownership is lower than inkjets
    >> and
    >> reliability is generally higher. Horses for courses.
    >> Tony
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Software Peripherals