Hi,

A friend of mine recently had trouble with his XP system and had to spend $$
for a technician to repare the problem. He was not provided with any disk
when he bought his system.

Is it possible to create a 'start-up disk' or CD to restore XP? CD would be
preferred.

Cheers

Doug

Hi,

you can go to http://www.bootdisk.com and then well if you ever need a boot
disk thats where you need to go

Shaun

shaunwalls@ntlworld.com
"dg" <queanbeyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine recently had trouble with his XP system and had to spend
$$
> for a technician to repare the problem. He was not provided with any disk
> when he bought his system.
>
> Is it possible to create a 'start-up disk' or CD to restore XP? CD would
be
> preferred.
>
> Cheers
>
> Doug

How to obtain Windows XP Setup boot disks
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310994

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:417b0722$0$14203$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au,
dg <queanbeyan@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine recently had trouble with his XP system and had to
> spend $$ for a technician to repare the problem. He was not provided
> with any disk when he bought his system.
>
> Is it possible to create a 'start-up disk' or CD to restore XP? CD
> would be preferred.
>
> Cheers
>
> Doug

Joe

In addition to the other links here you can also use the backup utility (if
you're running XP pro it's installed if XP Home you have to install it from
a disk) to create an emergency repair diskette that can be very helpful in
an emergency. Also, remember the system restore function that has saved so
many of my clients from completely reinstalling the whole thing.

Joe

"dg" <queanbeyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine recently had trouble with his XP system and had to spend
$$
> for a technician to repare the problem. He was not provided with any disk
> when he bought his system.
>
> Is it possible to create a 'start-up disk' or CD to restore XP? CD would
be
> preferred.
>
> Cheers
>
> Doug

Yes you can create a Restore CD but you need third party software.
Purchasing a decent program that does this is one of the best investments
one can make. Popular programs are Symantec Ghost 9, and Acronis TrueImage
8.
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp