Hi, I hope someone can help me with this .... one of my employees did a data
files backup using windows 98 backup utility onto floppies, deleted the
files, then upgraded the system to XP. Of course XP won't read the backup
discs that were created. Is there anyway I can restore these data files in
XP that were backed up in 98 ??? Save me, please.

Joe

I don't know if this will work but have you tried restoring the files to a
windows 98 system then transferring them over to the XP system?

Joe

"srobin" <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I hope someone can help me with this .... one of my employees did a
data
> files backup using windows 98 backup utility onto floppies, deleted the
> files, then upgraded the system to XP. Of course XP won't read the backup
> discs that were created. Is there anyway I can restore these data files in
> XP that were backed up in 98 ??? Save me, please.

"srobin" <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
| Hi, I hope someone can help me with this .... one of my employees did a
data
| files backup using windows 98 backup utility onto floppies, deleted the
| files, then upgraded the system to XP. Of course XP won't read the backup
| discs that were created. Is there anyway I can restore these data files in
| XP that were backed up in 98 ??? Save me, please.

BackUP MyPC from Stomp should allow you to work with those Win9x backup
files under XP.

A trial download is available.

http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

One possibility is, find a machine that will read the floppies and e-mail
the information to the XP machine.

LOL, JAX

"srobin" <srobin@direcway.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I hope someone can help me with this .... one of my employees did a
> data
> files backup using windows 98 backup utility onto floppies, deleted the
> files, then upgraded the system to XP. Of course XP won't read the backup
> discs that were created. Is there anyway I can restore these data files in
> XP that were backed up in 98 ??? Save me, please.

The demo version of Backup MyPC version from Stomp Inc has this disabled in
the demo however the same demo app from here will work
http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/downloads/detail/1002-2242-10176011.html

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp