Baelri and Amelia: Part I: Apocolypse

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures fic being
written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.

-- DISCLAIMER THING --

I do not own Creatures, however, as far as I'm aware, Norns, Grendels and
Ettins are in the public domain.

This work is copyright (c) 2005 Jeremy Campbell Apthorp. Verbatim reproduction
is not permitted without permission.

Note to nit-picking fans: I have scaled up pretty much everything. Norns, I
know, were meant to be a few inches high. I have portrayed them here as being
maybe four or five feet tall. Norns, I know, live only five or six hours. I
have scaled that up to a human lifespan, with the assumption being that they
would use similar divisions of time within their society. Also, I know norns do
not form permanent couples. I have employed something known as "Artistic
licence". (Or 'license', depending on which country you're from.)

WARNING: This fanfic may contain adult content, so please don't read it unless
you have a mental age of at least 15! However, it doesn't yet, and it may not
ever. That's just a warning.

The actual chapters will be replies to this, so as to keep it kind of
structured.

--
- nornagon
http://www.nornrock.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Martha set down her cup. "I still don't see why you need to take them. They're
only seven years old!" Her hackles stood up. She did not want her children taken
from her, no matter how competent a caretaker they had. Zimkash opened his mouth
to say something, but Martha cut him off. "And anyway, Amelia's sick. So if you
manage to convince me to let them go, you won't be able to leave for at least
four days."
Zimkash shook his head, his long golden fur rustling faintly. "I'm sorry. I
don't want to take them either. I'd trust you far more than myself with them.
But Daelam said they had to be there. I'm pretty sure both Amelia and Sheiro are
both dying to go, too."
"I don't care what they think. It's a dangerous journey."
"It'll be fine! We'll be travelling with the caravan. Plus, there hasn't
been a Grendel sighting in years!"
"I know, I know. I know I'm probably just being overprotective, but
still..."
"How about we adjourn 'till tomorrow." He winked at Martha, and stood up. He
curved his back, which cracked satisfyingly, and walked towards Martha. His hand
wandered to her hair, and down the side of her face. Her short, lilac fur was
interspersed with the occasional white speckle. Zimkash stroked her nose, and
she closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards. He scratched her ear, and knelt
down beside her. "Come on," he said in a low voice. He caught her mouth in his,
and his arms pulled her body closer to his. He broke the kiss and stood up, her
with him.
Zimkash's gaze bounced idly around the room. There were the cushions they
had been sitting on, red silk, edged with gold tassels. Surrounded by these was
an oaken table, deep brown, varnished, with ornate legs. There were sheets of
paper and old books scattered across it, candles half-used and flickering in
wooden holders, carved in a double helix, covered in wax. A jar of ink was open,
and a quill lying next to it, a page half-written in scrawly symbols. Martha
stared at the slowly dying fire, casting an unsteady orange glow over the room.
Zimkash pulled Martha closer, and kissed her forehead. She was a head
shorter than he. He pulled her into a fierce hug, and she returned it, head
resting on his chest. They withdrew, the fire reflected in Zimkash's huge brown
eyes. He opened his mouth, and Martha put a finger on his lips. She touched her
mouth to his, and closed her eyes. She wouldn't lose him, or her children. She
knew it in her heart.

--
- nornagon
http://www.nornrock.com
DS Species range: 10001-10100

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

nornagon InSaNiTised:

> Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures fic
> being written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.
>
> -- DISCLAIMER THING --
>
> I do not own Creatures, however, as far as I'm aware, Norns, Grendels and
> Ettins are in the public domain.
>
> This work is copyright (c) 2005 Jeremy Campbell Apthorp. Verbatim reproduction
> is not permitted without permission.

Okay, license revision under supervision from bd_:

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License. To view a copy of this license,
visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/ or send a letter to
Creative Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.

--
- nornagon
http://www.nornrock.com
DS Species range: 10001-10100

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

<snip>
> Note to nit-picking fans: I have scaled up pretty much everything. Norns,
> know, were meant to be a few inches high. I have portrayed them here as
> being
> maybe four or five feet tall. Norns, I know, live only five or six hours.
> have scaled that up to a human lifespan, with the assumption being that
> they
> would use similar divisions of time within their society. Also, I know
> norns do
> not form permanent couples. I have employed something known as "Artistic
> licence". (Or 'license', depending on which country you're from.)
<snip>

*blinks* The hours--yes. However, I/we thought that it was generally
accepted that Norns (those of them that we're familiar with, at least) were
four/five feet tall... the only way they could be taken to be a few inches
high could be if one assumed that the picture on one's screen was to scale,
and what would that say about all the flowers and the like? For that
matter, what would it say about the /Hand/?

*stares into the distance for a few seconds with the look of a collection of
entities who have just realised a definitive way to gauge a Norn's
measurements*

....Sidhe...

--
The Triad
User of 'Thingamajig!'

On 2005-02-19, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures fic being
> written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.

Fanfic! Yeah! (put mine on ice ages ago...)

> -- DISCLAIMER THING --
>
> I do not own Creatures, however, as far as I'm aware, Norns, Grendels and
> Ettins are in the public domain.

::shrugs::

> This work is copyright (c) 2005 Jeremy Campbell Apthorp. Verbatim reproduction
> is not permitted without permission.
>
> Note to nit-picking fans: I have scaled up pretty much everything. Norns, I
> know, were meant to be a few inches high. I have portrayed them here as being
> maybe four or five feet tall. Norns, I know, live only five or six hours. I
> have scaled that up to a human lifespan, with the assumption being that they
> would use similar divisions of time within their society. Also, I know norns do
> not form permanent couples. I have employed something known as "Artistic
> licence". (Or 'license', depending on which country you're from.)

Hey, keep cool, we are yre used to that kind of thing.

> WARNING: This fanfic may contain adult content, so please don't read it unless
> you have a mental age of at least 15! However, it doesn't yet, and it may not
> ever. That's just a warning.

Fair enough.

> The actual chapters will be replies to this, so as to keep it kind of
> structured.

Put the [STORY] tag in the subject, will you?
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

On 2005-02-20, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
> nornagon InSaNiTised:
>
>> Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures fic
>> being written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.
>>
>> -- DISCLAIMER THING --
>>
>> I do not own Creatures, however, as far as I'm aware, Norns, Grendels and
>> Ettins are in the public domain.
>>
>> This work is copyright (c) 2005 Jeremy Campbell Apthorp. Verbatim reproduction
>> is not permitted without permission.
>
> Okay, license revision under supervision from bd_:
>
> This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
> Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License. To view a copy of this license,
> visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/ or send a letter to
> Creative Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.

Don't expect me to read that license...

On 2005-02-19, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:

Make the lines a bit shorter - it helps for commenting. 70 chars a line
is good.

> Martha set down her cup. "I still don't see why you need to take them. They're
> only seven years old!" Her hackles stood up. She did not want her children taken
> from her, no matter how competent a caretaker they had. Zimkash opened his mouth
> to say something, but Martha cut him off. "And anyway, Amelia's sick. So if you
> manage to convince me to let them go, you won't be able to leave for at least
> four days."
> Zimkash shook his head, his long golden fur rustling faintly. "I'm sorry. I
> don't want to take them either. I'd trust you far more than myself with them.
> But Daelam said they had to be there. I'm pretty sure both Amelia and Sheiro are
> both dying to go, too."

Erm, just want to point that out - you are throwing in quite a lot of
names very early. That's really, really, hard to read. Confusing, you
know.

> "I don't care what they think. It's a dangerous journey."
> "It'll be fine! We'll be travelling with the caravan. Plus, there hasn't
> been a Grendel sighting in years!"
> "I know, I know. I know I'm probably just being overprotective, but
> still..."
> "How about we adjourn 'till tomorrow." He winked at Martha, and stood up. He
> curved his back, which cracked satisfyingly, and walked towards Martha. His hand
> wandered to her hair, and down the side of her face. Her short, lilac fur was
> interspersed with the occasional white speckle. Zimkash stroked her nose, and
> she closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards. He scratched her ear, and knelt
> down beside her. "Come on," he said in a low voice. He caught her mouth in his,
> and his arms pulled her body closer to his. He broke the kiss and stood up, her
> with him.
> Zimkash's gaze bounced idly around the room. There were the cushions they
> had been sitting on, red silk, edged with gold tassels. Surrounded by these was
> an oaken table, deep brown, varnished, with ornate legs. There were sheets of
> paper and old books scattered across it, candles half-used and flickering in
> wooden holders, carved in a double helix, covered in wax. A jar of ink was open,
> and a quill lying next to it, a page half-written in scrawly symbols. Martha
> stared at the slowly dying fire, casting an unsteady orange glow over the room.

Plenty of description - a bit dull, if you ask me.

> Zimkash pulled Martha closer, and kissed her forehead. She was a head
> shorter than he. He pulled her into a fierce hug, and she returned it, head
> resting on his chest. They withdrew, the fire reflected in Zimkash's huge brown
> eyes. He opened his mouth, and Martha put a finger on his lips. She touched her
> mouth to his, and closed her eyes. She wouldn't lose him, or her children. She
> knew it in her heart.

You know, so far it sounds pretty much like cheesy love story to me...

Anyway, keep it coming. Any comments made are intended to be helpful and
in no way to hurt you, scare you off or insult you. If you have a
problem with me saying what I think, tell me. End of standard [1] agc
commenting on fanfic disclaimer.
--

"emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
> On 2005-02-19, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures
fic being
> > written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.
>
> Fanfic! Yeah! (put mine on ice ages ago...)
>
> > -- DISCLAIMER THING --
> >
> > I do not own Creatures, however, as far as I'm aware, Norns, Grendels
and
> > Ettins are in the public domain.
>
> ::shrugs::

well, the _words_ certainly have to be, since they're from an older
mythology, but when used to refer to game related stuf.... i'd have to check
into it.. and i really don't want to....
but since there's been quite a few other fan fic stories posted on here over
the years....

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

The Triad InSaNiTised:

> <snip>
>> Note to nit-picking fans: I have scaled up pretty much everything. Norns,
>> know, were meant to be a few inches high. I have portrayed them here as
>> being
>> maybe four or five feet tall. Norns, I know, live only five or six hours.
>> have scaled that up to a human lifespan, with the assumption being that
>> they
>> would use similar divisions of time within their society. Also, I know
>> norns do
>> not form permanent couples. I have employed something known as "Artistic
>> licence". (Or 'license', depending on which country you're from.)
> <snip>
>
> *blinks* The hours--yes. However, I/we thought that it was generally
> accepted that Norns (those of them that we're familiar with, at least) were
> four/five feet tall... the only way they could be taken to be a few inches
> high could be if one assumed that the picture on one's screen was to scale,
> and what would that say about all the flowers and the like? For that
> matter, what would it say about the /Hand/?
>
> *stares into the distance for a few seconds with the look of a collection of
> entities who have just realised a definitive way to gauge a Norn's
> measurements*

....*fails to understand*

> ...Sidhe...

Well yes, Steve originally intended the norns to look like they were four or
five /inches/ high. They didn't turn out that way in C2/3, really (I haven't
really played C1 much) but he did intend them to look like they were tiny.

--
- nornagon
http://www.nornrock.com

"nornagon" <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The Triad InSaNiTised:
>
>> <snip>
>>> Note to nit-picking fans: I have scaled up pretty much everything.
>>> Norns,
>>> know, were meant to be a few inches high. I have portrayed them here as
>>> being
>>> maybe four or five feet tall. Norns, I know, live only five or six
>>> hours.
>>> have scaled that up to a human lifespan, with the assumption being that
>>> they
>>> would use similar divisions of time within their society. Also, I know
>>> norns do
>>> not form permanent couples. I have employed something known as "Artistic
>>> licence". (Or 'license', depending on which country you're from.)
>> <snip>
>>
>> *blinks* The hours--yes. However, I/we thought that it was generally
>> accepted that Norns (those of them that we're familiar with, at least)
>> were
>> four/five feet tall... the only way they could be taken to be a few
>> inches
>> high could be if one assumed that the picture on one's screen was to
>> scale,
>> and what would that say about all the flowers and the like? For that
>> matter, what would it say about the /Hand/?
>>
>> *stares into the distance for a few seconds with the look of a collection
>> of
>> entities who have just realised a definitive way to gauge a Norn's
>> measurements*
>
> ...*fails to understand*

Assume that the Hand is the size of an average human hand. Get a set of
measurements relating to it, then, and then you'll be able to apply those
measurements to the Norns! To figure out the ratio! To get definitive
figures, at last!

>> ...Sidhe...
>>

> Well yes, Steve originally intended the norns to look like they were four
> or
> five /inches/ high. They didn't turn out that way in C2/3, really (I
> haven't
> really played C1 much) but he did intend them to look like they were tiny.

Heh. In that case, the flowers and the like would have been /huge/. And do
you remember that dog in C2? Imagine how big he would have been!

--
The Triad
User of 'Thingamajig!'

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
> On 2005-02-19, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures fic
>> being
>> written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.
>
> Fanfic! Yeah! (put mine on ice ages ago...)
<snip>

Bah.

--
The Triad
User of 'Thingamajig!'

Davina Stuart wrote:
| "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
|
|>On 2005-02-19, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
|>
|>>Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures
|
| fic being
|
|>>written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.
|>
|>Fanfic! Yeah! (put mine on ice ages ago...)
|>

|>>-- DISCLAIMER THING --
|>>
|>>I do not own Creatures, however, as far as I'm aware, Norns, Grendels
|
| and
|
|>>Ettins are in the public domain.
|>
|>::shrugs::
|>

| well, the _words_ certainly have to be, since they're from an older
| mythology, but when used to refer to game related stuf.... i'd have to
check
| into it.. and i really don't want to....
| but since there's been quite a few other fan fic stories posted on
here over
| the years....

Well, let's go through the Intellectual Property checklist (IANAL):
* Copyright - 'Norn' and the like are too short to be copyrighted, and
are not in themselves original works. Safe here.
* Patent - AFAIK, CL has not applied for any patents on the concept of a
norn, and it wouldn't apply to a story either. Safe again.
* Trade Secret - As soon as someone on the outside finds out, it isn't a
trade secret anymore.
* Trademark - This is the only area that could be seen as a problem.
However, according to wikipedia:
- ---BEGIN QUOTE---
In order for the unauthorised use of a mark to be actionable, the use
must occur in relation to products or services which are the same or
similar to the products or services in relation to which the owner's
mark is used or registered. In the case of certain marks which are
sufficiently 'well known', infringing use may also occur where the use
occurs in relation to products or services which are not the same as or
similar to the products or services in relation to which the owner's
mark is registered.
- ---END QUOTE---
Since this is not a product or service similar to the creatures series,
it should be clear here too.

On 2005-02-23, bd <bdonlan@bd.beginyourfear.com> wrote:

> emmel wrote:
>| On 2005-02-20, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
>|
>|>nornagon InSaNiTised:

> here.

> reproduction
>|>
>|>Okay, license revision under supervision from bd_:
>|>
>|>This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
>|>Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License. To view a copy of this
> license,
>|>visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/ or send a
> letter to
>|>Creative Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.
>|

>| Don't expect me to read that license...
>
> It boils down to:
> * If you copy it, keep the author's name
> * No commercial use
> * No derivative works

Why doesn't everyone use readable licenses like that?

On 2005-02-22, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
> "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> On 2005-02-19, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey hey. I'm writing a fic (which afaik is the only serious Creatures fic
>>> being
>>> written atm) and I'd like some comments and stuff. So I post it here.
>>
>> Fanfic! Yeah! (put mine on ice ages ago...)
><snip>
>
> Bah.

Bah?
--

emmel wrote:
| On 2005-02-23, bd <bdonlan@bd.beginyourfear.com> wrote:
|
|>emmel wrote:
|>| On 2005-02-20, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
|>|

Creatures fic
|>here.

Grendels and

|>reproduction

|>license,
|>letter to
USA.
|>|
|>|
|>| Don't expect me to read that license...
|>
|>It boils down to:
|>* If you copy it, keep the author's name
|>* No commercial use
|>* No derivative works
|

| Why doesn't everyone use readable licenses like that?

Because a lawyer could probably drive a truck through some loophole in a
readable licence like that.

On 2005-02-23, bd <bdonlan@bd.beginyourfear.com> wrote:

> emmel wrote:
>|>license,
>|>letter to
> USA.
>|>|
>|>|

>|>It boils down to:
>|>* If you copy it, keep the author's name
>|>* No commercial use
>|>* No derivative works
>|

>| Why doesn't everyone use readable licenses like that?
>
> Because a lawyer could probably drive a truck through some loophole in a
> readable licence like that.

That was a rhetorical question.
--

"bd" <bdonlan@bd.beginyourfear.com> wrote in message

> emmel wrote:

> |>USA.
> |>|>|
> |>|>|

> |>|
> |>|

> |>Because a lawyer could probably drive a truck through some loophole in a
> |>readable licence like that.
> |

> | That was a rhetorical question.
>
> Well, someone has to keep the group alive by answering rhetorical
> questions. And that someone is me, apparently.

and you do it very well, indeed....

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

The Triad InSaNiTised:

> "nornagon" <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The Triad InSaNiTised:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> *blinks* The hours--yes. However, I/we thought that it was generally
>>> accepted that Norns (those of them that we're familiar with, at least)
>>> were
>>> four/five feet tall... the only way they could be taken to be a few
>>> inches
>>> high could be if one assumed that the picture on one's screen was to
>>> scale,
>>> and what would that say about all the flowers and the like? For that
>>> matter, what would it say about the /Hand/?
>>>
>>> *stares into the distance for a few seconds with the look of a collection
>>> of
>>> entities who have just realised a definitive way to gauge a Norn's
>>> measurements*
>>
>> ...*fails to understand*
>
> Assume that the Hand is the size of an average human hand. Get a set of
> measurements relating to it, then, and then you'll be able to apply those
> measurements to the Norns! To figure out the ratio! To get definitive
> figures, at last!
>

>>> ...Sidhe...
>>>

>> Well yes, Steve originally intended the norns to look like they were four
>> or
>> five /inches/ high. They didn't turn out that way in C2/3, really (I
>> haven't
>> really played C1 much) but he did intend them to look like they were tiny.
>
> Heh. In that case, the flowers and the like would have been /huge/. And do
> you remember that dog in C2? Imagine how big he would have been!

....five inches high?

--
- nornagon
http://www.nornrock.com
DS Species range: 10001-10100

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

emmel InSaNiTised:

> On 2005-02-19, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Make the lines a bit shorter - it helps for commenting. 70 chars a line
> is good.
>
>> Martha set down her cup. "I still don't see why you need to take them.
>> They're only seven years old!" Her hackles stood up. She did not want her
>> children taken from her, no matter how competent a caretaker they had.
>> Zimkash opened his mouth to say something, but Martha cut him off. "And
>> anyway, Amelia's sick. So if you manage to convince me to let them go, you
>> won't be able to leave for at least four days."
>> Zimkash shook his head, his long golden fur rustling faintly. "I'm sorry. I
>> don't want to take them either. I'd trust you far more than myself with them.
>> But Daelam said they had to be there. I'm pretty sure both Amelia and Sheiro
>> are both dying to go, too."
>
> Erm, just want to point that out - you are throwing in quite a lot of
> names very early. That's really, really, hard to read. Confusing, you
> know.
>
>> "I don't care what they think. It's a dangerous journey."
>> "It'll be fine! We'll be travelling with the caravan. Plus, there hasn't
>> been a Grendel sighting in years!"
>> "I know, I know. I know I'm probably just being overprotective, but
>> still..."
>> "How about we adjourn 'till tomorrow." He winked at Martha, and stood up. He
>> curved his back, which cracked satisfyingly, and walked towards Martha. His
>> hand wandered to her hair, and down the side of her face. Her short, lilac
>> fur was interspersed with the occasional white speckle. Zimkash stroked her
>> nose, and she closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards. He scratched her
>> ear, and knelt down beside her. "Come on," he said in a low voice. He caught
>> her mouth in his, and his arms pulled her body closer to his. He broke the
>> kiss and stood up, her with him.
>> Zimkash's gaze bounced idly around the room. There were the cushions they
>> had been sitting on, red silk, edged with gold tassels. Surrounded by these
>> was an oaken table, deep brown, varnished, with ornate legs. There were
>> sheets of paper and old books scattered across it, candles half-used and
>> flickering in wooden holders, carved in a double helix, covered in wax. A jar
>> of ink was open, and a quill lying next to it, a page half-written in scrawly
>> symbols. Martha stared at the slowly dying fire, casting an unsteady orange
>> glow over the room.
>
> Plenty of description - a bit dull, if you ask me.

Yeah, I like to describe :/

>> Zimkash pulled Martha closer, and kissed her forehead. She was a head
>> shorter than he. He pulled her into a fierce hug, and she returned it, head
>> resting on his chest. They withdrew, the fire reflected in Zimkash's huge
>> brown eyes. He opened his mouth, and Martha put a finger on his lips. She
>> touched her mouth to his, and closed her eyes. She wouldn't lose him, or her
>> children. She knew it in her heart.
>
> You know, so far it sounds pretty much like cheesy love story to me...

Intentional. The next chapter should change that a bit. The whole thing is kind
of a cheesy love story, but I hope to make it an interesting cheesy love story.
^^;

> Anyway, keep it coming. Any comments made are intended to be helpful and
> in no way to hurt you, scare you off or insult you. If you have a
> problem with me saying what I think, tell me. End of standard [1] agc
> commenting on fanfic disclaimer.

No offence taken, s'good.

--
- nornagon
http://www.nornrock.com

On 2005-02-24, nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com> wrote:
> emmel InSaNiTised:

<snip>

>> Plenty of description - a bit dull, if you ask me.
>
> Yeah, I like to describe :/

:)

>>> Zimkash pulled Martha closer, and kissed her forehead. She was a head
>>> shorter than he. He pulled her into a fierce hug, and she returned it, head
>>> resting on his chest. They withdrew, the fire reflected in Zimkash's huge
>>> brown eyes. He opened his mouth, and Martha put a finger on his lips. She
>>> touched her mouth to his, and closed her eyes. She wouldn't lose him, or her
>>> children. She knew it in her heart.
>>
>> You know, so far it sounds pretty much like cheesy love story to me...
>
> Intentional. The next chapter should change that a bit. The whole thing is kind
> of a cheesy love story, but I hope to make it an interesting cheesy love story.
> ^^;

Oh, nice. Just make sure you get the good cheese. Shee cheese...
::leaves for a bit::
::comes back rubbing tummy::
Nothing like it ;-)

>> Anyway, keep it coming. Any comments made are intended to be helpful and
>> in no way to hurt you, scare you off or insult you. If you have a
>> problem with me saying what I think, tell me. End of standard [1] agc
>> commenting on fanfic disclaimer.
>
> No offence taken, s'good.

::nods::
Just wanted to make that clear.

On 2005-02-24, bd <bdonlan@bd.beginyourfear.com> wrote:

> emmel wrote:

>|>USA.
>|>|>|
>|>|>|

>|>|
>|>|

>|>Because a lawyer could probably drive a truck through some loophole in a
>|>readable licence like that.
>|

>| That was a rhetorical question.
>
> Well, someone has to keep the group alive by answering rhetorical
> questions. And that someone is me, apparently.

Which doesn't mean that I'm not trying to reply somehing clever to it,
does it?

On 2005-02-24, Davina Stuart <booklady@softhome.net> wrote:

>> |>|
>> |>|

>> | That was a rhetorical question.
>>
>> Well, someone has to keep the group alive by answering rhetorical
>> questions. And that someone is me, apparently.
>

> and you do it very well, indeed....

Years of training.