DNS Error - Clients not getting populated onto DNS Server

Hi there,

We have started to get a problem with our DNS server, where it will not
resolve the full DNS name of the client but its name as we have WINS running.

The error message on the DNS server is:

The DNS server was unable to load a resource record (RR) from the directory
at fb90cd1b-026a-4256-b778-ea3b039dadb0._msdcs.X.com. in zone X.com. Use the
DNS console to recreate this RR or check that the Active Directory is
functioning properly and reload the zone. The event data contains the error.

We have the following set on the DNS Server:

Scavenge set to 2 days
Forwarders enabled to external DNS server
On the Zone, we have Allow Dynamic Updates set to "YES"

Have I missed something??

Thanks in Advanced

Riz

"" wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We have started to get a problem with our DNS server, where it
> will not
> resolve the full DNS name of the client but its name as we
> have WINS running.
>
> The error message on the DNS server is:
>
> The DNS server was unable to load a resource record (RR) from
> the directory
> at fb90cd1b-026a-4256-b778-ea3b039dadb0._msdcs.X.com. in zone
> X.com. Use the
> DNS console to recreate this RR or check that the Active
> Directory is
> functioning properly and reload the zone. The event data
> contains the error.
>
> We have the following set on the DNS Server:
>
> Scavenge set to 2 days
> Forwarders enabled to external DNS server
> On the Zone, we have Allow Dynamic Updates set to "YES"
>
> Have I missed something??
>
> Thanks in Advanced
>
> Riz

check the event logs of the DC/DNS server referenced by
fb90cd1b-026a-4256-b778-ea3b039dadb0._msdcs.X.com

also run
DCDIAG /V
NETDIAG /V

post back what you find