window won't starts after installed WC

zhi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
Last night I installed a the WC for my cpu and a new HSF for the chipset, ever since the window won't starts, it got to the loading page and won't goes on.
So anyone knows what's the problem?

my rig
amd 64x2 4200
bio star tforce4sli
dual 7800gt

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
First of all, you do know you can delete two of those posts by clicking the little x button beside the "edit" button right?

To the OP, go into bios and check your temps, make sure they are where the should be (probably 30 to 40C).

APieceOfCheese

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
Do you have a pump and is it plugged in and running?

When I built my first wc rig I forgot to reattatch the pump to the ps.
I had a hell of a time trying to find out why everything was so hot.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
It gives you the option the first time you view it after posting. I understand the lag but you have to resist pressing the submit button more than once.

zhi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
well, it turns out all good after I formatted the hard drive.
But when I tried to apply the SLI mode the screen goes blank again, sometimes with all green or red lines. Even after restart the computer. I have to uninstall the display driver to make it works again.

Does that means I broken one of my GPU? :cry:

zhi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
the WC is cooling the CPU and two GPUs, their temps are all normal(30 to 40 C). Since I installed the new driver for the GPU,the computer only showing one temp for the two GPUs.

Thx

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
I'd test one Video card at a time, but since both are water cooled.. hmmm.

Perhaps you missed something on the SLI setup?

Did your cards come with that thingy... the SLI bridge, is that installed to hook up both cards?

zhi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
they work in the SLI mode with WC before (with the bridge of course), just after I added the CPU water block and a new chipset HSF, then things got ugly.

so, what will a damaged GPUl looks like on a screen?
anywhere I can send in for repair?

Thx

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Its really hard to say if one of the two video cards is bad, especially if it worked fine before. Only thing I sugguest, is to test the cards one at a time, before sending it in for RMA (if the warranty still covers it).

I know its going to be somewhat a pain for you to adjust your cooling system to run one card at a time.

The only other thing that comes to mind, that can be a possible problem causing it not to work, is the PSU. What PSU do ya use?

I am just guessing. I know you said you just added a CPU block, but does anyone know, if that would cause additional strain to the water pump?

zhi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
Okay, just min ago I tested the GPUs.
I pull the GPU from the PEX16-2, installed into PEX16-1. when it boot up, at the intro screen of motherboard and loading screen of window had a bit of green lines. but once it got into the window the screen looks fine.

Look like there is something wrong with my second GPU, since I installed the water block on the card, I don't think the warranty will cover it.

:( looks like I have to accept the lost, before I do anymore damage /cry
now is there anything I can do for the second card, but multiple displays (if it still works)

/cry
thx