Nobody wants to enchant...

Hi all!
Nobody wants to enchant my weapons, rings, nothing!
For exemple: I go to Gabeldir in Balmora, I say her that I want to
enchant something, I select soul gem, I select something to enchant and
I have no effects to select :(
What's the problem?
(I have not installed patch, perhaps i have to do?)
Tnx a lot
7 answers Last reply
More about nobody enchant

    "Montecristo" <montecristoNOSPAM@parisfree.com> wrote in

    > Hi all!
    > Nobody wants to enchant my weapons, rings, nothing!
    > For exemple: I go to Gabeldir in Balmora, I say her that I want to
    > enchant something, I select soul gem, I select something to enchant and
    > I have no effects to select :(
    > What's the problem?
    > (I have not installed patch, perhaps i have to do?)
    > Tnx a lot

    Do you know any spells?
    You need to know the spells giving the effect you want from the item.

    Some time between the hours of March 10th and Friday, "Starwolf"
    <starwolf13@wowway.com> committed the following:

    > I also very much like enchanting a silver claymore with SoulTrap.

    Ditto! Well, actually I visit Wolverine Hall and buy the regular Soul Trap,
    then pop over to Ald'Ruhn and get Soul Snare (Soultrap 60s in 5' on target)
    made. If you like enchanted doodads, being able to snag a soul *without*
    getting gouged while doing so is a blessing.
    --
    Rev. Cardboard Box, money exorcisms a speciality
    www.livejournal.com/users/revcardboardbox

    Actually a nice little ring with about 5 - 25 fire damage and a 2 second
    soul trap, at range, is a nice little toy to fill off lesser gems with.
    --
    Armoured Knights who have true grit,
    Roast more quickly on a spit.

    "Cardboard Box"
    <http@//tacnukebubblebath.tripod.com/cgi-bin/tnb.pl?mail=Usenet> wrote in
    message news:Xns9623B7075C669tacnukebubblebath@fe07.highwinds-media.phx...
    > Some time between the hours of March 10th and Friday, "Starwolf"
    > <starwolf13@wowway.com> committed the following:
    >
    >> I also very much like enchanting a silver claymore with SoulTrap.
    >
    > Ditto! Well, actually I visit Wolverine Hall and buy the regular Soul
    > Trap,
    > then pop over to Ald'Ruhn and get Soul Snare (Soultrap 60s in 5' on
    > target)
    > made. If you like enchanted doodads, being able to snag a soul *without*
    > getting gouged while doing so is a blessing.
    > --
    > Rev. Cardboard Box, money exorcisms a speciality

    On the other hand, getting gouged does kindof go along with the territory of
    being a charismatic and nice but still rather struggling mercenary.....

    Soulsnare is for sale in Ald'ruhn? And I think right now there is a special
    on Sandstrider trips there.....

    Starwolf
    http://iguanamafia.com

    Cardboard Box wrote:
    > Some time between the hours of March 10th and Friday, "Starwolf"
    > <starwolf13@wowway.com> committed the following:
    >

    >>I also very much like enchanting a silver claymore with SoulTrap.
    >

    > Ditto! Well, actually I visit Wolverine Hall and buy the regular Soul Trap,
    > then pop over to Ald'Ruhn and get Soul Snare (Soultrap 60s in 5' on target)
    > made. If you like enchanted doodads, being able to snag a soul *without*
    > getting gouged while doing so is a blessing.

    Once you know Soultrap (touch) you can enchant with it on target; you
    don't have to know a separate on target spell.

    > Any of these types (for the purpose of Enchanting
    it doesn't matter if
    > it's Strong Levitate or regular Levitate) of spells
    are nice for a
    > warrior type:
    > Levitate
    you can use a 'rising force' potion in case you need
    this effect. A high acrobatics skill will be a help
    too. 60 acrobatics will enable you to jump to to the
    top of a guard tower almost.
    > Water Walk
    One of the mushrooms in Seyda Neen will give you a
    short-timed waterwalk, just by eating it (15 sec)
    > Water Breath
    waterbreath potions are available almost everywhere
    > Paralyze
    > Fortify Personality (to get better prices from
    traders)
    train your mercantile skill by paying less and
    selling for more
    > Fortify Strength
    concentrate on using your strength based skills in
    the start (to get the 5pts bonus when you level. The
    other most important attribute to boost this way is
    endurance)
    > Jump
    training/excercising acrobatics skill is better
    > Restore Attributes
    any shrine or temple will do this for a fee
    > Restore Health
    sleeping costs nothing and will do the same
    > Restore Fatigue
    Just hanging around, doing nothing long enough, is
    often
    enough
    > Feather
    extremely useful. feather potions for sale
    > Mark
    on a ring if your magicka is small, a spell is better
    otherwise
    > Recall
    same
    > Telekinesis
    a great sneak skill, and you will seldom need it
    > Open Lock
    this spell sometimes fails, and it don't protect you
    from
    traps. lockpicks and probes needs no magicka

    > Of these Levitate, Open Lock, Restore Fatigue and
    Restore Health is IMO
    > most essential.
    >
    > Having Amulets, Rings or whatever with these spells
    makes life much
    > easier, without unbalancing the game. Especially if
    you don't have
    > Alchemist skill, in which case you can make
    potions.
    > Using Enchanted items is more convenient though, as
    you don't have to go
    > hunting/shopping for ingredients, nor have to
    either carry around an
    > Alchemy set or having to Recall back to base to do
    the alchemy.

    one thing that can be said for doing your own potions
    is that their efficiency
    grows with practise and using first-grade equipment.
    Most spells gives
    you average stuff

    merlin

    <bech_dokNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in news:42736cce$0$196
    $edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.dk:

    > > Any of these types (for the purpose of Enchanting
    > it doesn't matter if
    > > it's Strong Levitate or regular Levitate) of spells
    > are nice for a
    > > warrior type:
    > > Levitate
    > you can use a 'rising force' potion in case you need
    > this effect. A high acrobatics skill will be a help
    > too. 60 acrobatics will enable you to jump to to the
    > top of a guard tower almost.

    Well, I role-play my characters and in addition I don't use any trainers.
    Also, I try to avoid the Alchemy skill as it makes leveling too fast.
    No other skill rises as fast as Alchemy in my experience.

    > > Water Walk
    > One of the mushrooms in Seyda Neen will give you a
    > short-timed waterwalk, just by eating it (15 sec)

    Too unpredictable (only 20% or so chance of working) and carrying around
    lots of mushrooms is not good for Encumbrance.

    > > Fortify Strength
    > concentrate on using your strength based skills in
    > the start (to get the 5pts bonus when you level. The
    > other most important attribute to boost this way is
    > endurance)

    I agree that Str and End is the most important stats early on, but
    Morrowind is a role-playing game, so my characters will use whatever
    skills they need.

    > > Jump
    > training/excercising acrobatics skill is better

    "better" is relative. If you powerplay - yes. If not it depends on your
    okaying style. And as I said MW is a role playing game, not a roll
    playing game.

    > > Restore Attributes
    > any shrine or temple will do this for a fee

    Why go all the what to a shrine when you can just activate an item???

    > > Restore Health
    > sleeping costs nothing and will do the same

    Why waste time sleeping when you are not tired?

    > > Restore Fatigue
    > Just hanging around, doing nothing long enough, is
    > often enough

    Why waste time hanging around when you can just activate an item?
    After all you need to use all th gold and soul gems you collect on
    *something* so why not use it to Enchant items to make life easier?

    > > Mark
    > on a ring if your magicka is small, a spell is better
    > otherwise
    > > Recall
    > same

    Also depends on your Mysticism skill.

    > > Telekinesis
    > a great sneak skill, and you will seldom need it
    > > Open Lock
    > this spell sometimes fails, and it don't protect you
    > from
    > traps.

    Which is why you need Telekinesis.

    > lockpicks and probes needs no magicka

    Sure, but what good are they if your Security skill is not good enough.

    > > Of these Levitate, Open Lock, Restore Fatigue and
    > Restore Health is IMO
    > > most essential.
    > >
    > > Having Amulets, Rings or whatever with these spells
    > makes life much
    > > easier, without unbalancing the game. Especially if
    > you don't have
    > > Alchemist skill, in which case you can make
    > potions.
    > > Using Enchanted items is more convenient though, as
    > you don't have to go
    > > hunting/shopping for ingredients, nor have to
    > either carry around an
    > > Alchemy set or having to Recall back to base to do
    > the alchemy.

    > one thing that can be said for doing your own potions
    > is that their efficiency
    > grows with practise and using first-grade equipment.

    Yes, I used to like Alchemy, but now I think its too much work and its
    also too unbalancing and makes you level too fast.
    So I go for Echanting items instead. The Enchant skill rises much slower,
    giving a better game experience. IMO.

Games Video Games