secure website and active directory integrated dns

Tags:
  • Servers
  • DNS
  • Active Directory
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 18, 2005 5:02:04 PM

I am having an issue where users from some sites on our vpn wan cannot access
a secure website, getting simply: cannot find server or dns error. The odd
thing is this isn't happening to all sites. https://ww2.site-secure.com is
the site. I have tried adjusting very loose security on internet explorer, I
even added the site to trusted sites. We are using server 2003 and win 2000
server domain controllers with active directory integrated dns running on all
domain controllers.

More about : secure website active directory integrated dns

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 7:43:20 PM

rodge <rodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am having an issue where users from some sites on our vpn wan
> cannot access a secure website, getting simply: cannot find server or
> dns error. The odd thing is this isn't happening to all sites.
> https://ww2.site-secure.com is the site. I have tried adjusting very
> loose security on internet explorer, I even added the site to trusted
> sites. We are using server 2003 and win 2000 server domain
> controllers with active directory integrated dns running on all
> domain controllers.

Did you start by checking your MTU accross the WAN link?

Try ping -f ww2.site-secure.com -l 1472 (1500 - 28 bytes overhead)

IF it times out you have an MTU problem, reduce the 1472 incrementally until
the ping returns, set that as the NIC's MTU.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]