secure website and active directory integrated dns

I am having an issue where users from some sites on our vpn wan cannot access
a secure website, getting simply: cannot find server or dns error. The odd
thing is this isn't happening to all sites. https://ww2.site-secure.com is
the site. I have tried adjusting very loose security on internet explorer, I
even added the site to trusted sites. We are using server 2003 and win 2000
server domain controllers with active directory integrated dns running on all
domain controllers.
1 answer Last reply
More about secure website active directory integrated

    rodge <rodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > I am having an issue where users from some sites on our vpn wan
    > cannot access a secure website, getting simply: cannot find server or
    > dns error. The odd thing is this isn't happening to all sites.
    > https://ww2.site-secure.com is the site. I have tried adjusting very
    > loose security on internet explorer, I even added the site to trusted
    > sites. We are using server 2003 and win 2000 server domain
    > controllers with active directory integrated dns running on all
    > domain controllers.

    Did you start by checking your MTU accross the WAN link?

    Try ping -f ww2.site-secure.com -l 1472 (1500 - 28 bytes overhead)

    IF it times out you have an MTU problem, reduce the 1472 incrementally until
    the ping returns, set that as the NIC's MTU.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Servers DNS Active Directory Windows