Changing to AD integrated?

This network has primary DNS and Secondary DNS servers scattered around on
different subnets. There is a single domain.

Question: Once I integrate the all the primary authoritive zones on a new
Domain controller can I then safely remove the Primary zones?

mostro <mostro@nospam.com> wrote:
> This network has primary DNS and Secondary DNS servers scattered
> around on different subnets. There is a single domain.
>
> Question: Once I integrate the all the primary authoritive zones on a
> new Domain controller can I then safely remove the Primary zones?

Before you can change to AD integrated, you need to delete all Secondary
zones on DCs. You should only have one Primary zone (Standard) anyway. Then
just change the zone to AD integrated and wait for it to replicate. AD
integrated zones are all primary master zones. They just get their data from
Active Directory instead of a text file.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

In news:ytKdnZ2dnZ04ZxLknZ2dnVkpm96dnZ2dRVn-z52dnZ0@adelphia.com,
mostro <mostro@nospam.com> made this post, which I then commented about
below:
> This network has primary DNS and Secondary DNS servers scattered
> around on different subnets. There is a single domain.
>
> Question: Once I integrate the all the primary authoritive zones on a
> new Domain controller can I then safely remove the Primary zones?

Remove the Primary zone on your current DNS server that is not a domain
controller because you want to use just your DNS/DCs for DNS for your
infrastructure? Sure, if you like. If no machine is using the old member
server for DNS, it doesn't matter what zones are created on it. I would just
uninstall DNS totally on it.

--
Regards,
Ace