Need Help with IP3000 Print Head Alignment

I too just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and I spent about an hour last
night on the unpacking and set up. Everything was going well until it
got to the step: Print Head Registration. It had an error and I was
instructed to press a Resume button. It took a few minutes with the
online manual to locate the button. I tried the automatic Print Head
Registration again and got similar results: Three blue rectangular
spots on on a page of 8.5 x 11 in paper.

Then I tried manual registration. This time I got two stripes each a
different shades of blue plues two stripes each a different shade of
pink and one stripe of yellow. to the left of the stripes were grey
bars. Between the bars ( each on its on line) was
6C, 6C, 6M, 6M, 6Y. The help that followed indicated that there should
have been a black grid above the stripes.

For my last attempt of the night, I went to printer properties and
printed a test page.
All that printed was a windows logo of the flag with four colors.

Suggestions please: What do I try next?
Thanks in advance,
Ian

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"IanO" <IanONet@gmail.com> wrote:
>I too just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and I spent about an hour last
>night on the unpacking and set up. Everything was going well until it
>got to the step: Print Head Registration. It had an error and I was
>instructed to press a Resume button. It took a few minutes with the
>online manual to locate the button. I tried the automatic Print Head
>Registration again and got similar results: Three blue rectangular
>spots on on a page of 8.5 x 11 in paper.
>
>Then I tried manual registration. This time I got two stripes each a
>different shades of blue plues two stripes each a different shade of
>pink and one stripe of yellow. to the left of the stripes were grey
>bars. Between the bars ( each on its on line) was
>6C, 6C, 6M, 6M, 6Y. The help that followed indicated that there should
>have been a black grid above the stripes.
>
>For my last attempt of the night, I went to printer properties and
>printed a test page.
>All that printed was a windows logo of the flag with four colors.
>
>Suggestions please: What do I try next?
>Thanks in advance,
>Ian

Ian
Don't mean to be rude but is the black cartridge correctly installed, did you
remove the tape from the top of the cartridge?
If it isn't that simple then I suggest you ask for warranty support from the
supplier or Canon directly since the printer is clearly not working properly.
Tony

Jan

In article <1121636535.430123.62820@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
IanONet@gmail.com says...
> I too just bought an IP3000 from Newegg and I spent about an hour last
> night on the unpacking and set up. Everything was going well until it
> got to the step: Print Head Registration. It had an error and I was
> instructed to press a Resume button. It took a few minutes with the
> online manual to locate the button. I tried the automatic Print Head
> Registration again and got similar results: Three blue rectangular
> spots on on a page of 8.5 x 11 in paper.
>
> Then I tried manual registration. This time I got two stripes each a
> different shades of blue plues two stripes each a different shade of
> pink and one stripe of yellow. to the left of the stripes were grey
> bars. Between the bars ( each on its on line) was
> 6C, 6C, 6M, 6M, 6Y. The help that followed indicated that there should
> have been a black grid above the stripes.
>
> For my last attempt of the night, I went to printer properties and
> printed a test page.
> All that printed was a windows logo of the flag with four colors.
>
> Suggestions please: What do I try next?
> Thanks in advance,
> Ian

If you just bought it - return it and get another one. Happened to me
once with a printer that was hooped straight from the box. Returned it
and had no problems with the replacement.
--
Cheers!

Jan

TRENDING THREADS