Set grayscale as default for Canon i560

Is it possible to set the default printing mode to grayscale for a
Canon i560?
I can do this by setting up a profile but that is no real advantage, I
would like to change the default to grayscale.
Thanks

Chris
3 answers Last reply
More about grayscale default canon i560

    Thanks Burt, that did exactly what I wanted
    Chris

    I use a Canon i960 and don't know if the printer dialogue box for the i560
    is the same. Please read down the newsgroup postings to the thread started
    by egander titled "holding printer setup and setting..." on 7/16/05. Read
    my instructions and see if the setting can be held the same way as on the
    i960. The key to holding a setting is to access the dialogue box, not from
    the printer ikon or the "edit, print" route, but from the "start,settings,
    printers". select your printer driver and follow the instructions in my
    answer to egander. At the same time you should save it as a named profile
    so you can access it as well during any print routine.

    I must be doing something wrong. It seems that I can setup the
    quality, size and orientation of a print in the dialog box, but it does
    not stay (even if I select "save settings"). I endured it with my
    Epson 740, but now with a Canon MP750 and its front panel controls, you
    would think that the quality, size and source that you set would be
    what is used when you print from an application. The only thing that
    seems to default from the front panel settings is the source of the
    paper. Everything else seems to stay letter size, portrait and plain
    paper. Even if the front panel says 4 X 6, photo. I don't know where
    you determine the normal landscape on the MP750 front panel (do you put
    the 4 X 6 paper in landscape?)

    Is there a way to keep the settings you set in the printer dialog box?

    Is there a way to have the settings you make on the printer panel be
    used by the printer driver?

    Many thanks to anyone that helps me here.

    Eric

    "chris" <hunterbr@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to set the default printing mode to grayscale for a
    > Canon i560?
    > I can do this by setting up a profile but that is no real advantage, I
    > would like to change the default to grayscale.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris

    SORRY - I copied eganders post into my response to Chris. Here is my post
    again without the whole egander copy.

    I use a Canon i960 and don't know if the printer dialogue box for the i560
    is the same. Please read down the newsgroup postings to the thread started
    by egander titled "holding printer setup and setting..." on 7/16/05. Read
    my instructions and see if the setting can be held the same way as on the
    i960. The key to holding a setting is to access the dialogue box, not from
    the printer ikon or the "edit, print" route, but from the "start,settings,
    printers". select your printer driver and follow the instructions in my
    answer to egander. At the same time you should save it as a named profile
    so you can access it as well during any print routine.

    > "chris" <hunterbr@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to set the default printing mode to grayscale for a
    >> Canon i560?
    >> I can do this by setting up a profile but that is no real advantage, I
    >> would like to change the default to grayscale.
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Chris

Printers Default Canon Peripherals