Dialup problems

Hi All, this is possibly crossposted on NG's so apologies in advance.

I have a friend that is on dialup that has visited a website which has
caused his dialup connection to become corrupt.
The dialup connection instead of calling his ISP is calling a 0011 IDD
number, like a wardialer from what he has described.
He has tried deleting all dialup connections and creating fresh ones however
this still occurs.
Anyone know of a way to stop the pc behaving this way. Does he need to edit
the registry or something ?
Any help would be appreciated.
The OS is windows 98

Thanks in Advance

SnaZZZ
2 answers Last reply
More about dialup problems

    SnaZZZ wrote:

    > Hi All, this is possibly crossposted on NG's so apologies in advance.
    >
    > I have a friend that is on dialup that has visited a website which has
    > caused his dialup connection to become corrupt.
    > The dialup connection instead of calling his ISP is calling a 0011 IDD
    > number, like a wardialer from what he has described.
    > He has tried deleting all dialup connections and creating fresh ones
    > however this still occurs.
    > Anyone know of a way to stop the pc behaving this way. Does he need to
    > edit the registry or something ?
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > The OS is windows 98

    He's been hacked. While it might be possible to remove it, it's better to
    reinstall the OS, as you don't know how much damage it caused.

    Thanks for that,
    found the trojan, with a quality Virus scanner...

    SnaZZZ

    "James Knott" <james.knott@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > SnaZZZ wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All, this is possibly crossposted on NG's so apologies in advance.
    > >
    > > I have a friend that is on dialup that has visited a website which has
    > > caused his dialup connection to become corrupt.
    > > The dialup connection instead of calling his ISP is calling a 0011 IDD
    > > number, like a wardialer from what he has described.
    > > He has tried deleting all dialup connections and creating fresh ones
    > > however this still occurs.
    > > Anyone know of a way to stop the pc behaving this way. Does he need to
    > > edit the registry or something ?
    > > Any help would be appreciated.
    > > The OS is windows 98
    >
    > He's been hacked. While it might be possible to remove it, it's better to
    > reinstall the OS, as you don't know how much damage it caused.

Internet Service Providers Dialup Ethernet Card Connection Networking