Event ID: 5774
Date: 9/10/2005
Time: 10:40:18 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Registration of the DNS record
'_ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.server.walkerrobinson.com. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389
server.server.walkerrobinson.com.' failed with the following error:
DNS server unable to interpret format.
Data:
0000: 00002329

Next:

Event ID: 5774
Date: 9/10/2005
Time: 10:09:57 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Registration of the DNS record '_kpasswd._udp.server.walkerrobinson.com. 600
IN SRV 0 100 464 server.server.walkerrobinson.com.' failed with the following
error:
DNS server unable to interpret format.
Data:
0000: 00002329

Ron B <RonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have an advanced 2000 server and keep receiving the following error
> messages every couple of minutes. I am not that familiar with DNS, so
> any assistance or direction to resources will greatly be appreciated.

Most likely these events are caused from you having your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP
properties.

Most likely when you promoted your server to a DC, it configured itself as a
DNS server. So, in TCP/IP properties, this DC and all member clients must
use this DCs address for DNS only

Change the DNS server in TCP/IP properties to its own address only, run
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns then restart the Netlogon Service.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]