DNS across domains

I believe this is a DNS problem but not sure ....

I have Domain A and Domain B, Domain B is an external one-way trust, in that
Users in A have access to resources in B. When I add a user from A to a
resource in B, I can browse the AD users and computers to add the
permissions. When I close all dialog boxes, check the permissions all I get
is a SID number.

Domain B is not resolving the user names.

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about domains

    In news:6A4F4B6E-C0AD-45C4-A5D1-C3AF29D1B738@microsoft.com,
    RThibault <RThibault@discussions.microsoft.com> made this post, which I then
    commented about below:
    > I believe this is a DNS problem but not sure ....
    >
    > I have Domain A and Domain B, Domain B is an external one-way trust,
    > in that Users in A have access to resources in B. When I add a user
    > from A to a resource in B, I can browse the AD users and computers to
    > add the permissions. When I close all dialog boxes, check the
    > permissions all I get is a SID number.
    >
    > Domain B is not resolving the user names.
    >
    > thanks

    That would be an NTLM issue, which is based on NetBIOS, not DNS. Is NetBIOS
    name resolution supported between the locations of the two domains? WINS
    would be the answer here.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    If this post is viewed at a non-Microsoft community website, and you were to
    respond to it through that community's website, I may not see your reply.
    Therefore, please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup
    this thread originated in so all can benefit.

    confers no rights.

    In news:ED8E4564-A1BB-47E7-8D8A-BE823C3C7D73@microsoft.com,
    RThibault <RThibault@discussions.microsoft.com> made this post, which I then
    commented about below:

    > yes WINS is enabled on both domains ... thanks

    Are the two WINS servers configured as replication partners?

    Ace

Domain DNS Permissions Windows