2 x 2003 DCs - what to do with DNS on second DC ?

Scott

Hi,

I have 2 x 2003 servers acting as DCs in an 2003 AD domain. The first DC
points to its own IP under DNS field on network adapter. On the second DC
should DNS point to the first DC IP or its own IP ?

Cheers
Scott

scott <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 x 2003 servers acting as DCs in an 2003 AD domain. The first
> DC points to its own IP under DNS field on network adapter. On the
> second DC should DNS point to the first DC IP or its own IP ?

The first DC as its preferred, then its own IP as its alternate.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

"" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 x 2003 servers acting as DCs in an 2003 AD domain.
> The first DC
> points to its own IP under DNS field on network adapter. On
> the second DC
> should DNS point to the first DC IP or its own IP ?
>
> Cheers
> Scott

On DC1:
first DNS: DC01