two locations - one domain & DNS

I currently have 2 locations with different ip address schemes (192.168.10.x
vs. 192.168.15.x)on the same subnet (255.255.255.0) and one domain. I
currently have two machines at location A (192.168.10.x) setup as first and
second DNS servers. I have one machine at location B (192.168.15.x) setup
as a DNS server. That machine at location B has the DNS settings in the
TCP/IP settings set to itself as the primary and the first DNS server at
location A. The system appears to be working correctly, I'm just wondering
if this is the correct way to do this. Any help that you might be able to
offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

More about locations domain

    In news:u2Bmlb5uFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Auddog <will_k@hotmail.com> made this post, which I then commented about
    below:
    > I currently have 2 locations with different ip address schemes
    > (192.168.10.x vs. 192.168.15.x)on the same subnet (255.255.255.0) and
    > one domain.

    I am assuming above you meant using the same subnet mask, and not the same
    subnet.

    > I currently have two machines at location A
    > (192.168.10.x) setup as first and second DNS servers. I have one
    > machine at location B (192.168.15.x) setup as a DNS server. That
    > machine at location B has the DNS settings in the TCP/IP settings set
    > to itself as the primary and the first DNS server at location A. The
    > system appears to be working correctly, I'm just wondering if this is
    > the correct way to do this. Any help that you might be able to offer
    > is greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    That setup is fine. Pointing to itself as the first at that subnet is ideal.
    This will prevent unnecessary WAN query and registration request traffic.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    If this post is viewed at a non-Microsoft community website, and you were to
    respond to it through that community's website, I may not see your reply.
    Therefore, please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup
    this thread originated in so all can benefit.

    confers no rights.

Domain DNS Server DNS Windows