"Cannot Delete: cannot read from source file or disk" HELP

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 5, 2004 1:21:00 PM

A image of some folders that were on my hardrive was put
back on my computer after a whip, so some files were
duplicated. I deleted the duplicated files, and when I
tried to take out of the recycle bin i get an error
message "Cannot Delete File: cannot read from source file
or disk". I'm running Win 2k Pro.

Any ideas how I can delete these files, or what may
possibly be causing this?

Thanks!
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 1:27:57 PM

I couldn't delete or restore the deleted files in the
recycle bin because the path couldn't be found. I just
recreated a folder with the same name it was in, then the
files were deleted.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 7:18:45 PM

I am having the same problem on our file server. We have
a file that has been created and it does not show a name
nor an extension. Any body have an idea as to how to
delete a file like that?

!