Samsung ML-1470 Laser Printer

I want to get one of these. Anyone get their rebate yet on this
printer? I see NewEgg and ChiefValue are selling them cheap when rebate
is figured in.

Will the toner cartridge dry up if not used for a few months? Ink get
thicker and printing not as good?

Is it really possible to recharge the toner cartridge yourself with
toner from a bottle? And you can do this refill two times to a new
toner cartridge? With good print quality?

Thanks for any help
Zach

Thanks much for the "never dries up" information on toner. That makes
laser another plus for me. I'm sick of my printer, sick of dried up ink
jet carts and intend to go laser.

Zach

"zachy" <xx618xx@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Will the toner cartridge dry up if not used for a few months? Ink get
> thicker and printing not as good?
>
> Is it really possible to recharge the toner cartridge yourself with
> toner from a bottle?

We can see no good reason to think of
toner as a liquid. It is more like a light dry powder
-- thus never or seldom "dries up."
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

1740 is the real model number. Thanks for the advice!