Ethernet bus transmission (urgent!)

Last response: in Networking
a b C Monitor
November 8, 2004 10:32:47 AM

Hi newbie here. Would like to seek help on this question regding
Ethernet.

Q: In Ethernet bus transmission, sender needs to monitor the line for
collision signal after sending message. If the length of backbone is
500 meters and the transmission speed is 250 meters per second, how
many seconds must the sender monitor the line for collision signal?
Why?

Urgent help needed & deeply appreciated.

Thks!
:lol:
*-----------------------*
Posted at:
www.GroupSrv.com
*-----------------------*
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
November 8, 2004 4:46:19 PM

olafsnackjp <olafsnackjp@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
> Q: In Ethernet bus transmission, sender needs to monitor
> the line for collision signal after sending message. If
> the length of backbone is 500 meters and the transmission
> speed is 250 meters per second, how many seconds must the
> sender monitor the line for collision signal? Why?

LOL! Sounds like homework. Small clue -- propagation
speed is closer to 2e8 m/s . Think about it for yourself
a bit. That's what homework is designed to do.

-- Robert
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
November 9, 2004 8:51:36 AM

olafsnackjp wrote:

> Hi newbie here. Would like to seek help on this question regding
> Ethernet.
>
> Q: In Ethernet bus transmission, sender needs to monitor the line for
> collision signal after sending message. If the length of backbone is
> 500 meters and the transmission speed is 250 meters per second, how
> many seconds must the sender monitor the line for collision signal?
> Why?
>
> Urgent help needed & deeply appreciated.

I've seen several answers posted to your earlier post of this same question.
Nagging people will just get you flamed.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)