AMD cancels RD700, RS700 and RC710 Intel Chipsets

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20060823PB205.html

ATi Cancels 65nm Chipsets For Intel
It looks as though the rumors of ATi canceling its 65-nm Intel chipset may come true if this DigiTimes report is to be believed.

The first impact of AMD's acquisition of ATI Technologies on TSMC and UMC has surfaced, as ATI has cancelled launch of the company's 65-nanometer (65nm) chipsets for the Intel platform, the RD700, RS700 and RC710, which were scheduled to be released during the second half of 2007, according to the Chinese-language Commercial Times. TSMC and UMC may lose the secured contract orders, indicated the paper.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

It looks as though the rumors of ATi canceling its 65-nm Intel chipset may come true if this DigiTimes report is to be believed.

The first impact of AMD's acquisition of ATI Technologies on TSMC and UMC has surfaced, as ATI has cancelled launch of the company's 65-nanometer (65nm) chipsets for the Intel platform, the RD700, RS700 and RC710, which were scheduled to be released during the second half of 2007, according to the Chinese-language Commercial Times. TSMC and UMC may lose the secured contract orders, indicated the paper.

Word.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

The amount of prospective Intel 3rd party chipset orders more than likely caused the cancellation. Intel gave Ati the cold shoulder as soon as their chipset shortage was over.

I kind of figured that ATi chipsets would go moe towards mobile and later servers from AMD. But only because Intel gave ATi the cold....
nVidia and partners still don't have many retail Core 2 SLI boards.

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Isn't the ASUS P5NSLI(nForce 570SLI) a core 2 board that supports SLI?

EDIT - didn't read all the words fully, confused many with any. :oops:

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

i guess that means ati is going to make less profits. bummer for amd. i really was worried about them not making any profits after the buyout now it looks even worse. is amd trying to turn into apple or the old compaq? are we going to be forced to buy specific hardware to use amd products? if they do that they are mentally challenged

You'll get flamed and called a moron for comments like that.. :p
Not from me though, I agree with some of it.

49ers540

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

i guess that means ati is going to make less profits. bummer for amd. i really was worried about them not making any profits after the buyout now it looks even worse. is amd trying to turn into apple or the old compaq? are we going to be forced to buy specific hardware to use amd products? if they do that they are mentally challenged

Talking about hitting the nail on the coffin! Take that BM.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Talking about hitting the nail on the coffin! Take that BM.

I hope ATI doesnt go the way of Diamond because of this buyout

Peace