Sign in with
Your question

Please give opinion on GEFORCE 7900GTX.....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2006 7:22:56 PM

im getting a new rig built and this card will be included in the build (geforce 7900gtx). could you guys tell me what you think of this card please? forget what else will be in the pc, just opinions on the card alone. thanks in advance.....
August 23, 2006 8:23:25 PM

Great card. If it's not bottlenecked by CPU or RAM, will run all games at max settings, without breaking a sweat.
August 23, 2006 8:27:40 PM

hell ya! thats what i wanted to hear. now for the other aspects of the pc : 2 gigs ram in there now, and a 2.8 ghz dual processor pci sli mobo w/ pent D. are they compatible with that card to max my games out?
Related resources
August 23, 2006 8:30:31 PM

That's a nice PC there. All games (current) at max settings will fly.
August 24, 2006 1:39:34 AM

Quote:
That's a nice PC there. All games (current) at max settings will fly.

sweet bro! thanks for saying the words i hoped you would say!! will be getting rig in my home on saturday. i already downloaded everquest II on it at the shop and put the setting on extreme quality and it was smooth as hell!! few hiccups around heavy populated areas but my current pc gives me about 1 frame every 3 seconds on that setting!!! thanks bro!!!
August 24, 2006 2:40:57 AM

I love this card. Great speed and stability. I have a 7900GT in my other rig and definetly the 7900GTX is boss.

I added a VGA cooler which you might consider doing if you want to overclock or run your system much cooler. The Zalman VF900 dropped my GPU load temps considerably (10-15 degrees).
Here a link to the VGA cooler I use:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1683...
August 24, 2006 5:02:12 AM

Quote:
I love this card. Great speed and stability. I have a 7900GT in my other rig and definetly the 7900GTX is boss.

I added a VGA cooler which you might consider doing if you want to overclock or run your system much cooler. The Zalman VF900 dropped my GPU load temps considerably (10-15 degrees).
Here a link to the VGA cooler I use:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1683...

its got some nasty looking heat sinks in there already to help out. are those added on or come stock? thanks for the link!
August 24, 2006 5:12:03 AM

If you are referring to the blue heatsinks, they are packaged with the Zalman cooler. You will need them once you remove the massive stock cooler and its crappy putty like thermal compund. Just adding Artic Silver 5 alone will lower your temps.
August 24, 2006 11:59:05 AM

Quote:
If you are referring to the blue heatsinks, they are packaged with the Zalman cooler. You will need them once you remove the massive stock cooler and its crappy putty like thermal compund. Just adding Artic Silver 5 alone will lower your temps.

no - its just silver, must be stock i guess. i know very little about cards above the $200 range - never wanna know about what i cant afford! but thanks for the names of those other sinks!
August 24, 2006 12:59:24 PM

heyday , what is the brand of your 7900GTX ?? XFX,BFG,e-VGA,Leadtek,MSI,Asus,Gigabyte,... ??
on the Topic i must say that All Brand of GeForce 7900GTX is good & the card is a Beast :twisted:
you can play ANYTHING on MAX with a Great frame rate (maybe except Oblivion)... Enjoy The New PC 8)
August 24, 2006 2:39:39 PM

Quote:
heyday , what is the brand of your 7900GTX ?? XFX,BFG,e-VGA,Leadtek,MSI,Asus,Gigabyte,... ??
on the Topic i must say that All Brand of GeForce 7900GTX is good & the card is a Beast :twisted:
you can play ANYTHING on MAX with a Great frame rate (maybe except Oblivion)... Enjoy The New PC 8)

thank you!! i hope to enjoy it for as many years as my current build has given me!! ill miss my boy! but hes out dated now. mobo is a 4 years old ASUS PEP4-X. so my pc knew this day would come. hes being braver than i am. poor little guy. am i wrong to feel an attachment to my pc? been VERY good to me. friends think im crazy to say that ill miss it. you tell me... but thanks for the encouragement! all of you have helped out greatly with this! take care!
August 24, 2006 10:35:36 PM

Quote:

it is an XFX 7900.
August 24, 2006 10:37:21 PM

XFX is pretty good brand.
!