Windows created folders

We have several computers that have a file(s) placed in
the c: drive. These files are named:
found.001,found.002,found.003 and so on. All of our pcs
are Dells or IBM compatables. What is this file and what
does it mean? Thank you for any assistance.

They're the result of running chkdsk - you can likely just delete them.

Dan Thorshov wrote:
> We have several computers that have a file(s) placed in
> the c: drive. These files are named:
> found.001,found.002,found.003 and so on. All of our pcs
> are Dells or IBM compatables. What is this file and what
> does it mean? Thank you for any assistance.

Unless you lost some data due to a reboot. Load them into a text file to see if you want to keep them.