Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte (GA-M57SLI-S4) BIOS/ Easy Tune 5 problems...help!

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • BIOS
  • Gigabyte
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
August 23, 2006 8:39:52 PM

Hello all,

I got the new AMD AM2 Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 mobo and have just updated to bios version F3. I also updated Easy Tune 5.

The problem is that I want to disable Smart Fan in the Bios but the option is not available to me. It is phased out????

Also, CIA/MIB is not selectable in Easy Tune 5?

I really want to disable the Smart Fan in the bios as well as a few other things but the majority of the options are locked? How do I get access to these locked options?

Any help is immensly appreciated.

Thank You.

More about : gigabyte m57sli bios easy tune problems

August 23, 2006 9:52:43 PM

The greyed out options are generally because another setting is on auto. If one setting is dependent on another, and the independent one is on auto, the dependent one will be greyed out.
August 24, 2006 10:43:39 AM

Thanks for the reply but I understand what you mean but there is simply no option that allows me to "enable" something that also unlocks the other options that I need to get to...

I can't be the only one with this problem....anyone?
Related resources
August 25, 2006 5:27:59 PM

Hi all.

I figured it out. Actually, Gigabyte support helped me. They are so much better than Asus. I received a reply in a matter of hours!

You have to remove the battery from the motherboard and put it back in after a few minutes. This resets the bios settings and gives you access to all the features.

I can now disable Smart Fan!
August 25, 2006 7:43:29 PM

wow, ive been waiting 3 days for a response, fuck this noise, im gonna go buy a DFI, gigabyte can bite me.
!