File with NO name and NO extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a file on my server that has NO name and NO
extension. Any idea how to delete it? I have tried most
everything that I know to delete it with no success, and
getting the constant error that says Can not delete file:
cannot read from source file or disk. Any ideas?

Tony Telepak wrote:

> I have a file on my server that has NO name and NO
> extension. Any idea how to delete it? I have tried most
> everything that I know to delete it with no success, and
> getting the constant error that says Can not delete file:
> cannot read from source file or disk. Any ideas?

Try to get the short name using 'dir /x' in a CMD console
window and then use the short name to delete it.

--
Phil Robyn
Univ. of California, Berkeley

u n z i p m y a d d r e s s t o s e n d e - m a i l

I had the same problem.

Isolate the file in a new folder, acess this folder under CMD console and type del *.*

Worked for me.

Blixer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Sorry, could you or somebody else explain this in a little more detail, please? I got to typing CMD in the run command but address I try after that gets me a reply "is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
Any hints are appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance, Blixer