Closed

File with NO name and NO extension

I have a file on my server that has NO name and NO
extension. Any idea how to delete it? I have tried most
everything that I know to delete it with no success, and
getting the constant error that says Can not delete file:
cannot read from source file or disk. Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about file extension

    Tony Telepak wrote:

    > I have a file on my server that has NO name and NO
    > extension. Any idea how to delete it? I have tried most
    > everything that I know to delete it with no success, and
    > getting the constant error that says Can not delete file:
    > cannot read from source file or disk. Any ideas?

    Try to get the short name using 'dir /x' in a CMD console
    window and then use the short name to delete it.

    --
    Phil Robyn
    Univ. of California, Berkeley

    u n z i p m y a d d r e s s t o s e n d e - m a i l
  2. I had the same problem.

    Isolate the file in a new folder, acess this folder under CMD console and type del *.*

    Worked for me.
  3. Sorry, could you or somebody else explain this in a little more detail, please? I got to typing CMD in the run command but address I try after that gets me a reply "is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
    Any hints are appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance, Blixer

Extension Windows