Weird problem with an Epson RX500 on XP Pro

I've just installed XP Pro on a freshly formatted hard drive, and I've run
into problems with the printer, an Epson RX500 multi-function jobbie. It
seems quite happy to print one document, but it fails on the second and
comes up with a nondescript printer error and won't print until I've
rebooted, at which point it seems quote happy to print one document...

Any suggestions what I could try? This is a remote machine, so I'm
struggling to get the exact text of the error message.

Cheers.

Bob:

I have installed my RX500 on a USB port with no problems.

My only suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall the printer as
something might have gotten screwed up.

If all else fails, try to install same printer on another PC.
If it works there, it's the installation.
If it does not work there, return to store for replacement as the unit
is bad.

Good Luck!

shinson