File name is bigger than great wall of China!

Stored in my "temporary internet files" folder is a file with a crazy long name (over 130 characters!).
Everytime I try to run "Disk Cleanup" or do a virus scan the computer hangs on this file.
I've tried the following so far...
deleting it in windows and on the dos command line, I can't touch the file...
renaming it in windows and on the dos command line, I can't rename it...
"Delete Internet Files" under the Internet Tools menu doesn't work...
I even tried to do run subst in an attempt to shorten the overall path but subst won't let me use spaces in the path name and the directory structure has spaces in it. Even if this did work, the file name itself exceeds the 130 character path limit...

I'm stuck, how do I get rid of these pesky temp files?

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Jameso

I had a similiar problem on our network with a couple of
users roaming profiles. What I did was to use Winzip and
have it move the file into the zip archive. I then
deleted the archive. I have not idea why WinZip was able
to delete the file when Windows could not.

Doug

Why WinZip doesn't choke on the long path:
The Win32 (and the underlying native) storage APIs can deal with longer
names than the shell can. WinZip is calling APIs that handle longer paths.
The shell limits itself for application compatibility reasons.
--
Drew Cooper [MSFT]

> I had a similiar problem on our network with a couple of
> users roaming profiles. What I did was to use Winzip and
> have it move the file into the zip archive. I then
> deleted the archive. I have not idea why WinZip was able
> to delete the file when Windows could not.
>
> Doug

Does the "'dir /x' to get the 8.3 name" trick not work?
--
Drew Cooper [MSFT]