Can't create mirrored volume

I just set up Win2K server. It has 2 disk drives. I
converted the 2nd one to dynamic. But when I try to create
a mirrored volume on it, only Simple Volume is available,
all other options are greyed out.

Why is this? I don't have a RAID controller, but this
should work anyway, right?

I didn't upgrade the bootable drive yet, because I'll
probably kill the machine. How do I upgrade the bootable
volume so I can add it to the mirror (once it works).

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about create mirrored volume

    Mike

    You have to upgrade both disks to dynamic in order to create a mirror. This
    MS Knowledge Base article will guide you through the needed steps:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302969

    Best regards

    Bjorn

    "Mike Bernhardt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I just set up Win2K server. It has 2 disk drives. I
    >converted the 2nd one to dynamic. But when I try to create
    >a mirrored volume on it, only Simple Volume is available,
    >all other options are greyed out.
    >
    >Why is this? I don't have a RAID controller, but this
    >should work anyway, right?
    >
    >I didn't upgrade the bootable drive yet, because I'll
    >probably kill the machine. How do I upgrade the bootable
    >volume so I can add it to the mirror (once it works).
    >
    >Thanks!

Windows