Where is the Windows Address Book file?

My anti-spam configuration wizard is asking for the
location of my Windows Address Book file ( .wab). Search
did not find it. Search found wab32.dll but that did not
work.

I am running Outlook2000 on win2000 and I can run the
address book from Windows.

Thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about where windows address book file

    Search for *.wab - include hidden/system folders.

    wolfv wrote:
    > Where is the Windows Address Book file?
    >
    > My anti-spam configuration wizard is asking for the
    > location of my Windows Address Book file ( .wab). Search
    > did not find it. Search found wab32.dll but that did not
    > work.
    >
    > I am running Outlook2000 on win2000 and I can run the
    > address book from Windows.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Lanwench,

    I searched "*.wab". There were no results to display.

    wolfv

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Usually Docs & Settings\user name\application data\microsoft\address book
    a hidden folder/file

    "wolfv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Lanwench,
    >
    > I searched "*.wab". There were no results to display.
    >
    > wolfv

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Hi, wolfv.

    Open a "DOS" window and try "dir C:\*.wab /s/a". If it's anywhere on C:,
    that ought to find it.

    The /s searches all subfolders; the /a shows all files, including hidden and
    system files.

    For details of dir or any other "DOS" command, just type dir /? for a
    mini-help screen showing all the switches and parameters available with that
    command.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "wolfv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Lanwench,
    >
    > I searched "*.wab". There were no results to display.
    >
    > wolfv

File System Microsoft Configuration Windows Books