Nortel BPS2k & BS5510 Radius attributes

Looking for Radius dictionaries that might contain the correct
attributes for dynamically assigning VLANs based on a 802.1x
authentication.

I have .1x working with FreeRadius, but I would like to test dynamic
VLAN assignment, and I want to try to get this working with my existing
Radius server.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Thx.

-mike

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks (More info?)

Michael Roberts wrote:
> Looking for Radius dictionaries that might contain the correct
> attributes for dynamically assigning VLANs based on a 802.1x
> authentication.
>
> I have .1x working with FreeRadius, but I would like to test dynamic
> VLAN assignment, and I want to try to get this working with my existing
> Radius server.
>
> If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Thx.
>
> -mike

Might have better luck posting this to comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks.

I added it to my reply here.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks (More info?)

To set the VLAN membership return the standard RADIUS attribute
"Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID". Also, set "Tunnel-Medium-Type" to "802"

Good Luck.

zevzeg wrote:
> To set the VLAN membership return the standard RADIUS attribute
> "Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID". Also, set "Tunnel-Medium-Type" to "802"
>
> Good Luck.
>

> "T. Sean Weintz" <strap@hanh-ct.org> wrote in message news:<10p4jgokh089e64@news.supernews.com>...
>
>>Michael Roberts wrote:
>>
>>>Looking for Radius dictionaries that might contain the correct
>>>attributes for dynamically assigning VLANs based on a 802.1x
>>>authentication.
>>>
>>>I have .1x working with FreeRadius, but I would like to test dynamic
>>>VLAN assignment, and I want to try to get this working with my existing
>>>Radius server.
>>>
>>>If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Thx.
>>>
>>>-mike
>>
>>Might have better luck posting this to comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks.
>>
>>I added it to my reply here.
Yup, I got it working. Thanks for the info.

I thought I would throw something else out here. The Radius
accounting/logging information is lacking with the BPS2k and BS5510. We
have a large Nortel WLAN implementation (Airespace) and the 802.1x
authentication information that system provides is a dream. The 2270WSS
switches not only provide user and time of auth, but also the end user's
MAC address. I have a feature request into the Nortel to add this
functionality into the BPS2k and BS5510 line, but I thought I would ask
you all if you had ideas as well. Thx.

-mike