Problem opening ie, my computer etc - many exp. same pr

This is a problem I posted a while ago and have received
several posts from others who have the same issue:::
Anyone who can help?

Suddenly this happened:

I can't open the following:
Internet explorer
Windows explorer
My computer
control panel
various other programs

Have run a virus check and it showed no viruses
Also downloaded Service Pack 4 on another PC and ran it,
but made no difference.

Help!!!
..

Glen

Am I to assume that nobody has answered you, because I have the same problem?