Transfer pics from camera to pc?

October 26, 2004 1:15:22 AM

Having difficulty..any help appreciated.

Trying to transfer digipics from camera to pc via Start/My Pictures/Get
pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that the computer
cannot detect the scanner or camera.

I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.

Any thoughts,

Thanks,
John

More about : transfer pics camera

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 1:15:23 AM

It's likely a driver issue requiring you to either reinstall the drivers for
the camera or check for the latest drivers and software from the camera
manufacturer's website. Make sure any software and drivers are specified as
XP compatible.

If the above doesn't help, please take this question to the windowsxp.photos
newsgroup.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Having difficulty..any help appreciated.
>
> Trying to transfer digipics from camera to pc via Start/My Pictures/Get
> pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that the computer
> cannot detect the scanner or camera.
>
> I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
> Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.
>
> Any thoughts,
>
> Thanks,
> John

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 3:09:11 AM

Ok - TVM
John
-----------
> It's likely a driver issue requiring you to either reinstall the drivers
> for the camera or check for the latest drivers and software from the
> camera manufacturer's website. Make sure any software and drivers are
> specified as XP compatible.
>
> If the above doesn't help, please take this question to the
> windowsxp.photos newsgroup.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Having difficulty..any help appreciated.
>>
>> Trying to transfer digipics from camera to pc via Start/My Pictures/Get
>> pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that the computer
>> cannot detect the scanner or camera.
>>
>> I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
>> Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.
>>
>> Any thoughts,
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

October 26, 2004 3:09:12 AM

You're welcome, good luck.

--

> Ok - TVM
> John
> -----------
> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>> It's likely a driver issue requiring you to either reinstall the drivers
>> for the camera or check for the latest drivers and software from the
>> camera manufacturer's website. Make sure any software and drivers are
>> specified as XP compatible.
>>
>> If the above doesn't help, please take this question to the
>> windowsxp.photos newsgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Having difficulty..any help appreciated.
>>>
>>> Trying to transfer digipics from camera to pc via Start/My Pictures/Get
>>> pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that the
>>> computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
>>>
>>> I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
>>> Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts,
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> John

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:49:23 AM

Further info...
My pc is not recognising my camera - its an Olympus 5050
The camera hardware shown listed are Olympus 5050 and Olympus D-500L
In My Computer the icon shown is named Olympus D-500L
I'm wondering if this is the problem.
I'd like to delete all reference to the Olympus D-500L - How do I do that?
Thanks,
John
------------

> You're welcome, good luck.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok - TVM
>> John
>> -----------
>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>> It's likely a driver issue requiring you to either reinstall the drivers
>>> for the camera or check for the latest drivers and software from the
>>> camera manufacturer's website. Make sure any software and drivers are
>>> specified as XP compatible.
>>>
>>> If the above doesn't help, please take this question to the
>>> windowsxp.photos newsgroup.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>>
>>> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 10:31:12 PM

Good news - got it sorted...at least via My Computer which will
do!...problem turned out to be because I had the wrong camera description
loaded....when all reference to cameras was deleted via device manager,
then, when camera connected a Removable disc H appeared in My Computer...and
clicking a couple of times accessed the pics..goodho :-)
Thank again,
John

> Further info...
> My pc is not recognising my camera - its an Olympus 5050
> The camera hardware shown listed are Olympus 5050 and Olympus D-500L
> In My Computer the icon shown is named Olympus D-500L
> I'm wondering if this is the problem.
> I'd like to delete all reference to the Olympus D-500L - How do I do that?
> Thanks,
> John
> ------------
>

> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>> You're welcome, good luck.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Ok - TVM
>>> John
>>> -----------
>>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 11:38:12 PM

John Smith wrote:

> Good news - got it sorted...at least via My Computer which will
> do!...problem turned out to be because I had the wrong camera description
> loaded....when all reference to cameras was deleted via device manager,
> then, when camera connected a Removable disc H appeared in My Computer...and
> clicking a couple of times accessed the pics..goodho :-)
> Thank again,
> John

Do yourself a favor and buy a card reader for $20--you'll be glad you did.
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 6:06:09 PM

"Phil McCracken" <Phil@McCracken.com> wrote in message
> John Smith wrote:
>
>> Good news - got it sorted...at least via My Computer which will
>> do!...problem turned out to be because I had the wrong camera description
>> loaded....when all reference to cameras was deleted via device manager,
>> then, when camera connected a Removable disc H appeared in My
>> Computer...and clicking a couple of times accessed the pics..goodho :-)
>> Thank again,
>> John
>
> Do yourself a favor and buy a card reader for $20--you'll be glad you did.
Right...I'm off to the shops :-)
!