System Restore Error

When I try to system restore I get an error window that says,
System Restore: rstrui.exe Bad Image
The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\HLINK.dll is not a valid windows
image please check this against your installiation diskette.
What do I need to do to fix this?

Go to your system restore, put a mark next to 'disable system restore" then
shutdown and restart your pc.
Then, go back to system restore and clear the mark nest to disable system
restore, shutdown and restart your pc.

"d37fan" <d37fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to system restore I get an error window that says,
> System Restore: rstrui.exe Bad Image
> The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\HLINK.dll is not a valid
windows
> image please check this against your installiation diskette.
> What do I need to do to fix this?

Hi,

Click start/run, type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) and click ok.
Allow this tool to validate the integrity of the system file set.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone