Tutorial/Pics for installing Ninja Plus on P5B

BigTwin

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I've searched but can't find a tutorial for installing a Ninja plus on a P5B or similar board....anyone have a link?

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
It's just like mounting on any other LGA775 boards.
RTFM

:lol: Seriously if this guy doesn't know how to fit a heatsink he shouldn't be fitting one.

Seriously buddy. Take it into a PC shop and pay someone else to do it......

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
At least he won't even have the chance to crush the core like in the AthlonXP/P3 days.

n00bz are so lucky nowdays they don't even know.

Personally I think it's a pity that just any person can build a PC these days :wink: I'd prefer for them to break stuff and have to pay to get it repaired. But I'm a bit like that :twisted:

Siba

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006

BigTwin

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Boys, you need to be nice. I've been building PC's since the late 80's. I just thought someone might have a quick link as I did not have the cooler in hand at that moment.

The instructions should be in the "accessories box" underneath the Scythe Ninja when you take it out of the box. I just got mine this morning before I came to work.

I knew it was 150mm (5.9 inches) tall, but actually seeing it in front of me is another thing. I'll have to wait until the beginning of next week for the rest of my parts before I can build my PC.

BigTwin

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Jaguarskx, the Ninja was easy to install, no big deal. I didn't have the cooler on hand when I posted my original question. My E6600/P5B D Wifi is coming up this evening as I type on my old machine. It posted perfectly and I updated to the 507 bios. Windows is installing now and then some fun begins. I haven't had a really nice system in a few years.