missing file

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

I have just cleaned a few viruses off my laptop and now I
keep getting a message that states, Cannot find
c://WINNT/dl.html. Is this a needed file and if so how
can I find it to put back in the WINNT folder?

You probably have some remnants to remove. Natively you can;
Start\Settings\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
Management(Local)\System Information\Software Environment\Startup
Programs|View|Advanced, then in the "Location" column, you'll find the path
to the "Startup" location either in the "Startup" directories or from the
registry's "Run" keys.

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can delete the shortcuts that you no longer want to run.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You can delete the string value for the program you no longer want to run.

or copy msconfig from Windows XP

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional