returning to win98

How do I return my system back to win98 and fat32 after
installing win 2000 professional and ntfs file system?

To wipe the drive, some ways include; boot a win98/ME startup disk, run
fdisk and delete all partition information found (as long as NTFS is
primary). Or boot the Windows 2000 CD-Rom or setup disks and when you get to
the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other partitions found, then
abort the install. Or use a utility named delpart. Once removed you can boot
the Win98/ME CD-Rom or restore CD-Rom to start your install. Make sure you
have win9x device drivers available before hand.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/reskit/nt31/i386/reskit.exe

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"wolfen1" wrote:
| How do I return my system back to win98 and fat32 after
| installing win 2000 professional and ntfs file system?

TRENDING THREADS