A8N32-SLI Deluxe problems

Inchon8505

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Got a A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard with a 4200+ Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-Core processor. It powers up but I get no video, all the fans work and the DVD seems to work too. Tried two video cards and nothing. Help!

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Then my bet is your psu is faulty/not connected right.

It beeps at pretty much all kinds of errors, unless you somehow fried it or got a fried mobo :S

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
did you connect all 3 power connectors onto the mother board if not it will not work properly. Otherwise i would try a different more powerful PSU.

did you connect all 3 power connectors onto the mother board if not it will not work properly. Otherwise i would try a different more powerful PSU.

That may or may not be true. I have that board and only have to plug two connectors into it. Best thing to do is re-read the booklet and see what to do.

Nomans64

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I think the molex power connector is needed only for SLI configuration with dual GPU. For non-SLI system, you need only 2 (the 24-pin and the 4- pin).

mildmanor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
really because mine has 3

24 pin atx
4 pin 12v
ez plug (molex)

i could be wrong though.
I have this same motherboard in a homebuilt, and i am now returning the memory because i cannot even get to the bios setup. Make sure the ram you have is listed in the approved vendors list. make sure the 4 prong connector is plugged in in the upper left side and seated properly. Ensure the 4 prong plugged under neath the 10 pin atx is secure. You dont need the ez plug unless you are running sli.

To ensure that you are trouble shooting correctly the only thing you need to boot up on this system is your powersuplly, 1 stick of ram a keyboard and a video card.

You dont need a video card if your just checking the power and moboard operation. here is how

Ensure you have the speaker cable plugged in at the bottom. Take out the video card, sound card, unplug the sata connectors and remove all ram but 1 stick(2 if you have to have them).

Then hit the power, after 10-20 seconds the speaker should beep at you.

jdawg

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I have the same board. I had the same thing happen to me. Turns out the clear bios jumper was labeled and installed wrong. When I switched the jumper everything has worked great since then.

chenBrazil

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
The molex (4 pin) connector on MB must be connected when VGA card without supplemental Power is connected to MB. Maybe you should test it anyway... maybe your problems would go away easily... otherwise you have a halted MB with 2 deffective PCIexpress slot ( which one you tried first?) . Maybe you should try them , but clear CMOS before any test ...if fail persists... RMA the MB...
Mine works fine...

sailer

Splendid
I had a similar problem. I RMA'd the board and the next board worked. I've heard there were a number of failures in the early boards, but the problem was eventually found at the factory or something. Mainly had to do with quality control.

The book tells me not to plug all three in, for my particular setup. And yes, I am using sli. That doesn't have anything to do with it. It may have something to do with the amperage of the power supply, I don't know. Not going to dig the book out just to look. My machine runs fine.

Also, you can use memory other than what you will find at asus' website. I have 4gig of ocz platinum running on mine. No problems other than 2gigs running at cas2 latency, and 2gig running at 2.5 latency. Can't figure it out. Both sets read 2cl when running only 2gig and then switching them.

Maybe cpu-z is screwed up and not reading them right. Bios says 2cl. Machine sees all 4gig at the desktop and in the bios.

Herr_Fritz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
What? Doesn't the 4 pin provide extra power to the cpu, and the ezplug provide power for peripherial needs? Using both shouldn't fry the board. Assuming that it would in fact fry the board, don't you think ASUS would put a nice BIG warning box with lots of exclamation marks or something on page 2-32 warning all users againt plugging in both the ez and the 4 pin atx12v?

mildmanor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Also, you can use memory other than what you will find at asus' website. I have 4gig of ocz platinum running on mine. No problems other than 2gigs running at cas2 latency, and 2gig running at 2.5 latency. Can't figure it out. Both sets read 2cl when running only 2gig and then switching them.

Maybe cpu-z is screwed up and not reading them right. Bios says 2cl. Machine sees all 4gig at the desktop and in the bios.

Your starting to make me think the moboard i have is bad, even though it beeps like it should.

hmmm will have to try the new ram, and swap out my ps to confirm this. The Asus boards listed that the ocz performance was causing issues with other peoples boards, so I rma the memory instead of the moboard. Ill rma the moboard later as well im guessing.