always on safe mode

my computer only starts up on safe mode.
even if i select "start windows normally" it still starts on safe mode.
i tried to install xp & i keep getting an error saying, "setup cannot complete in safe mode. setup will restart now."

how do i get my computer to start normally?
i installed xp into another drive (which im using now).

Check Event Viewer and Device Manager for errors and or non-starting
devices.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional