Question about Stats in Morrowind

Last response: in Video Games
April 6, 2005 4:07:19 PM

Is 100 the maximum amount one can earn, not only in a skill like Long Sword,
but in an ability such as Strength? I have a pupup screen saying that my
Long Sword is maxed at 100, but the last time I tried to add to Strength
(moving it to 101) nothing happened. Have I maxed out?

Gary Lee
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 12:33:47 PM

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:07:19 GMT, "GaryLeeB" <GaryLeeB@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>Is 100 the maximum amount one can earn, not only in a skill like Long Sword,
>but in an ability such as Strength? I have a pupup screen saying that my
>Long Sword is maxed at 100, but the last time I tried to add to Strength
>(moving it to 101) nothing happened. Have I maxed out?

100 is the maximum natural stat & skill value. You can use spell effects
to boost it past that level, but adding points by levelling does not
allow you to pass 100 in any stat. The most common ways to boost your
stats are Constant Effect enchanted items, or potion abuse. Be warned
that when stats are damaged, Restore spells will only restore the
natural value, and effects that boosted you past that must be reapplied.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 1:52:59 PM

In article <XhQ4e.47749$cg1.34422@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
GaryLeeB@worldnet.att.net says...
> Is 100 the maximum amount one can earn, not only in a skill like Long Sword,
> but in an ability such as Strength? I have a pupup screen saying that my
> Long Sword is maxed at 100, but the last time I tried to add to Strength
> (moving it to 101) nothing happened. Have I maxed out?
>
> Gary Lee

You can boost stats/skills past 100. I think in vanilla Morrowind there
is a cap on how high you can raise your attributes and how much you can
learn, but you can go higher by wearing enchanted clothes, drinking
potions etc.

You can also use a mod such as Madd Leveler that will set caps to 1000
:-)

-Peter
!