Deleted files do not appear in recycle bin

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird issue. When I delete a file by
either 1) dragging to the recycle bin, 2) hitting the
delete key - the files do not appear in the recycle bin.
I do get the delete confirmation box which I answer yes.

A local machine profile works correctly but the domain
profiles do not. I don't believe it is a Group Policy
Object since WinXP machines are not having this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Are these files being deleted from a network drive? If so, they are
permanently deleted, not sent to the recycle bin.

Ray at home

"Bryan Bowers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing a weird issue. When I delete a file by
> either 1) dragging to the recycle bin, 2) hitting the
> delete key - the files do not appear in the recycle bin.
> I do get the delete confirmation box which I answer yes.
>
> A local machine profile works correctly but the domain
> profiles do not. I don't believe it is a Group Policy
> Object since WinXP machines are not having this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance!

No these files are locally stored on the computer. Sorry
I forgot to specify that.

Bryan

wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am experiencing a weird issue. When I delete a file
by
>> either 1) dragging to the recycle bin, 2) hitting the
>> delete key - the files do not appear in the recycle
bin.
>> I do get the delete confirmation box which I answer
yes.

>> A local machine profile works correctly but the domain
>> profiles do not. I don't believe it is a Group Policy
>> Object since WinXP machines are not having this issue.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>

>.

Is the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted" checkbox checked in the Recycle Bin "Global properties tab?

Bryan Bowers wrote:

> I am experiencing a weird issue. When I delete a file by
> either 1) dragging to the recycle bin, 2) hitting the
> delete key - the files do not appear in the recycle bin.
> I do get the delete confirmation box which I answer yes.
>
> A local machine profile works correctly but the domain
> profiles do not. I don't believe it is a Group Policy
> Object since WinXP machines are not having this issue.

suzie

would like to ask Ray about the problem..i share files
with other friend and he has deleted it from a network
drive..and as you said it does not appear in recycle bin.
Is there any way to overcome this problem?i need to
protect the files but yet need also to give him Full Acces
permission.

Why it does not appear in Recycle Bin?