How to install WinDiff?

Just downloaded WinDiff (a .zip file containing "gutills.dll" ,
"windiff.exe" , and "windiff.hlp"). How do I install the program onto XP
home?
2 answers Last reply
More about install windiff

    Basically, you do Start>Run and type "cmd" (no quotes). You then type
    "windiff.exe" (no quotes). As to what directory you should put the files
    into before running the .exe file depends on the directions from the
    provider.

    "Francis Marsden" <fake@fake.fake> wrote in message
    > Just downloaded WinDiff (a .zip file containing "gutills.dll" ,
    > "windiff.exe" , and "windiff.hlp"). How do I install the program onto XP
    > home?

    Just put the files into a folder such as C:\bin, then double click the
    windiff.exe to run it or you could run from Start\Run and type in Windiff if
    you set your Environmental variables to the C:\bin directory. To do this,
    go to your control panel, click on system, click the advanced tab, click on
    environmental variables at the bottom, in the System variables window click
    on the Path variable and edit, type a semi-colon and then C:\bin and click
    ok,ok,ok. This enables you to run any command line program in that c:bin
    folder from Start\run.

    "Francis Marsden" <fake@fake.fake> wrote in message
    > Just downloaded WinDiff (a .zip file containing "gutills.dll" ,
    > "windiff.exe" , and "windiff.hlp"). How do I install the program onto XP
    > home?

Microsoft Windows XP