windows explorer hanging

Hi,
I am running win2k sp4. When I right click a file
explorer hangs up and renders the system unsueable. I
have to start task manager, stop the explorer.exe and
restart it.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks

1) Run Windows Update just in case.
2) Try running a spyware scan and see if there is something that has been
installed that is causing the problem.

Pat

"GClark" <gclark26@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am running win2k sp4. When I right click a file
> explorer hangs up and renders the system unsueable. I
> have to start task manager, stop the explorer.exe and
> restart it.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> thanks

My problem is similar with Win 200 Professional v5.0 up
to date: When I try to use Start | Search | For file or
folders... Windows stops responding. In the task manager I
have to restart the computer. Bottom line: I cannot use
the Windows Search function. I've searched the Win 200
knowledge base and theInternet but have not found an
answer. Help? Thanks.
wajuna

Did you run the spyware scan? Did you run Windows Update?

Pat

"wajuna" <wajuna@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My problem is similar with Win 200 Professional v5.0 up
> to date: When I try to use Start | Search | For file or
> folders... Windows stops responding. In the task manager I
> have to restart the computer. Bottom line: I cannot use
> the Windows Search function. I've searched the Win 200
> knowledge base and theInternet but have not found an
> answer. Help? Thanks.
> wajuna

Wajuna,

I'm having the exact same problem. Have you found a fix yet?

Mike